Talk

Advanced search

Too fat for easyJet?

(10 Posts)
missfranmissy Thu 28-Sep-17 23:13:31

(I originally put this in weight loss but realised probably wasn't the right place.. please any experiences would be greatful!) xx

Hey everyone, I weigh around 18 n half stone (down from 22st) and I'm flying easyJet on Friday but so nervous I won't fit or will have to ask for an extender. I flew ryanair last week as I do regularly and fit in there and the seat belts fit but I heard easyJet can be smaller? So nervous sad I know it's my own fault so fed up of having this panic every time I fly lol is getting less though

TooOldForThisNow Thu 28-Sep-17 23:17:41

You'll be fine. I flew with them recently and the return flight was in a new plane and was much roomier.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Thu 28-Sep-17 23:22:30

I think it depends more on the plane than the airline IYSWIM.

On holiday to Turkey, we flew on one type/model of plane out & the seatbelt fitted fine. On the way back it was a different plane (but same airline) and I needed an extender.

missfranmissy Fri 29-Sep-17 08:40:01

That's true. One of the ryanair ones is quite spacey the other is abit of a squeeze! Just heard easyJet is abit more space than ryanair. Apparently Ryanair's and 17" and easyJet 18" hopefully the seat belt won't be a problem. Suck in and squeeze I guess. But still just nervous sad can't wait till this is no longer a worry lol

OuchBollocks Fri 29-Sep-17 08:44:58

Have you pre booked your seats? The seats on the very back row are smaller than the rest so just double check where your seat is. Maybe try for an aisle seat to give yourself elbow room if it will make you more comfortable. But don't worry, I am not small (to say the least) and I was able to get the belt on without extenders at 32 weeks pregnant so you will be fine I reckon.

Polichinelle Fri 29-Sep-17 08:46:31

My DP is bigger than you and he fits in Easyjet seats. Don't worry. You'll be fine

missfranmissy Sat 30-Sep-17 14:04:02

Thank you x still really worried sad but I'm sure it'll be ok. I fly again in a month determined not
To be worried about it then 😂

salakadolamoo Tue 13-Feb-18 08:32:15

Fly easyJet weekly and you'll be fine. I'm 20stone and never had an issue.

Even if you do need an extender the crew tend to be a bit more professional than Ryanair. I'm still smarting over one dolly on there who announced to the whole plane I'd have to move seats as I looked too big for the belt - proved her wrong but still haven't got over it!

Bluntness100 Tue 13-Feb-18 08:35:05

The seat belt sizes vary by seat, because when there is damage they cut the end off basically. So some seats can have shorter ones than others.

Don't be embarrassed to ask for an extender if needed, the crew are used to it and will simply hand you one discreetly. No one makes a song and dance about it.

EBearhug Tue 13-Feb-18 08:40:26

I fitted in them no problem at size 22, but it's not a problem to ask for an extender.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now