Talk

Advanced search

Where do you shop for clothes?

(6 Posts)
PassiveAggressiveLunchbox Wed 17-May-17 16:44:40

A thread on s&b about high street shops made me realise i buy hardly any clothes for myself in actual shops. I'm neither the age nor shape for a lot of shops (eg top shop, river island) and old reliables eg Dunnes have gone to shite in spite of their new fancy pants designer brands. I resent having to pay crazy delivery and/or returns for online shopping though.

So where am I missing?

rogueantimatter Thu 18-May-17 11:50:27

Charity shops.

curragh Thu 18-May-17 22:39:22

Age 35 living in the sticks. Only online shop really due to location and young kids...
Zara and H&M - delivery & returns v reasonable and hassle free
Gap - great delivery & returns. Bought sandals recently but have had no luck with clothes (sizing is HUGE!)
Uniqlo - delivery charge crazy but worth it occasionally for stocking up on good quality basics
Cos - again stupid delivery fee but worth it during their v good sales

I can't stand Dunnes anymore, used to get quite a bit in Savida but haven't bought anything in years

hollyisalovelyname Fri 19-May-17 19:53:58

Curragh
The new service from An Post for €3 gives you an English address for delivery and you pick up your parcel at your local post office.

curragh Fri 19-May-17 20:21:19

I know, I use Parcel Motel some times but I like to be able to return!

PassiveAggressiveLunchbox Fri 19-May-17 20:26:02

It's the returns I find a pain in the ass too. Parcel motel is great if you're sure of shapes, sizes and quality.

All the charity shops round here have Penney's stock for more than the original price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now