Missing child - Mary Boyle, 40 years on.

(8 Posts)
Rachel0Greep Wed 15-Mar-17 11:19:47

I watched the Prime Time programme last night about this case. I'm fearful that this little girl will never be found. I don't believe she is alive.
I also think that somebody somewhere knows what happened.
It's heartbreaking.

Amber76 Wed 15-Mar-17 13:31:13

It seems to have torn the family apart. Her twin has said she believes she knows who the killer is.... her mother wants to believe she's alive. What a horrendous sadness in their lives..

Who on earth would send hate mail to the mother of Mary Boyle??!

hollyisalovelyname Thu 16-Mar-17 21:47:50

I have read quite a bit on this.
Journalist Genma Doherty has done a lot of work in relation to this case. I can't do links so you can google it.
I don't know how you would go on after losing a child.
My heart goes out to Mary's family.

Lemonnaise Thu 16-Mar-17 21:50:43

I watched Mary Boyle Untold on YouTube last night. It leaves you with no doubt who the main suspect is. The guards who worked on the case at the time are certain they know who killed her.

highinthesky Thu 16-Mar-17 21:51:35

I'm not in Ireland and would have been about 3 when this happened so had never heard of this case until I looked at this thread.

I'm pretty shocked by what I've read: www.irishexaminer.com/viewpoints/columnists/michael-clifford/everybody-wants-justice-for-mary-boyle-but-that-is-nowhere-near-as-simple-as-is-portrayed-in-a-fevered-social-media-campaign-411902.html

Rachel0Greep Thu 16-Mar-17 23:40:39

I have read a lot about the case also, especially in recent years, and watched the Gemma Doherty piece some time ago.

Very very sad case and as pp said, it has torn the family apart.

gabsdot Fri 17-Mar-17 22:52:28

Not knowing must be just horrific.

ImFuckingSpartacus Wed 22-Mar-17 13:46:57

But having a suspect, or a hunch, isn't the same as having any evidence. There is no suggestion that there was or is enough evidence for an arrest or prosecution, no matter who may or may not have intervened.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now