Talk

Advanced search

Location of new childrens hospital

(5 Posts)
Amber76 Tue 28-Feb-17 00:20:44

Why are they squeezing this into a location where there is already a huge shortage of parking?

There are alternative greenfield sites available just outside of Dublin - far more space for buildings, parking, future expansion, etc.

It seems like an odd decision?

SnipSnipMrBurgess Tue 28-Feb-17 00:41:42

Not to Diss on dublin or anything but I don't know why it has to be there at all.

I know lots of families who have kids, small babies , toddlers to teens who have arthritis and have to travel to crumlin to see the one paediatric rheumatologist that the country has.

The travel is weekly, it's exhausting, it's expensive. I'm sure many people of all illnesses have the same problem. It false like no thought was put into it

Amber76 Tue 28-Feb-17 09:25:21

I get why it would make sense to have it in or near Dublin but not close to city centre. I know someone too who has a child with athritis and they have to go to Dublin every few months - driving and parking is stressful, accommodation is more expensive than it would be further out ftom Capital.
I don't understand why its not being developed just outside the city.

hollyisalovelyname Tue 28-Feb-17 16:32:31

I get emails from the Connolly for Children campaign.
The Connolly hospital in Blanchardstown, close to the M50 is being proposed.

So much money/ time has been wasted on this project.
Why!!!
It really angers me.
First the Mater site , now James's.
Neither suitable.
I wish Michael O'Leary would bash heads together and get it sorted.
Although it might then end up in Wales smile

January87 Thu 02-Mar-17 16:30:37

It needs to be in Dublin because that's where the doctors are, they work from the adult hospitals as well as the children's hospitals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now