Talk

Advanced search

Child car seats and Aer Lingus

(6 Posts)
user1471529457 Tue 18-Oct-16 23:03:43

Has anyone taken car seats on an aer lingus flight recently? We are flying home for half term and renting a car so wanting to bring a couple of backless booster seats with us. The website seems to suggest they will carry them free of charge, one per child ticket. We're only taking cabin bags otherwise but I'm assuming we will have to tag them at the bag drop for them to go in the hold.

I tried the helpline but was cut off after being on hold for ages and no answer to my email as yet.

Has anyone successfully done this and what was the procedure at the airport? Am also slightly worried about them being lost enough route! Even our 11 year old is under the height and weight thresholds for needing a seat as they are higher in Ireland than the UK.

Thanks

user1471529457 Tue 18-Oct-16 23:04:28

en route !

Rinceoir Tue 18-Oct-16 23:12:21

Yes you need to tag them at the check in desk, you can put them in the hold via oversized baggage then. They've never lost mine! If they did I presume they would cover the cost of renting one.

user1471529457 Tue 18-Oct-16 23:17:54

Brilliant. Thanks.

Did they charge you? I found some reference on Irish parenting boards about being charged but they were posts from a few years ago so I'm hoping the website info is correct and they've changed their policy.

Sugarandsalt Tue 18-Oct-16 23:25:14

I haven't been charged although my DD is younger than yours.

user1471529457 Wed 19-Oct-16 07:24:10

Thanks. Perhaps they have changed their policy in the past few years. They do consider anyone 11 and under to be a child so fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now