Talk

Advanced search

Where to go in Dublin?

(11 Posts)
IwannaSnorlax Tue 09-Aug-16 23:22:46

We're getting the train into Connolly station on Monday & I reckon we'll have about 4 hours before its time to leave again, therefore what would people recommend we do as we have 3 boys (ages 9, 7 & 5)?

I'd like to give them a flavour of the city & also want them to have fun & enjoy themselves.

TIA.

IwannaSnorlax Wed 10-Aug-16 10:44:12

Bump

ElspethFlashman Wed 10-Aug-16 10:47:10

The Viking Tour is good fun. You go around the city on a boat with wheels and get to shout a lot.

AhJaysusHowaya Wed 10-Aug-16 10:57:53

The Leprechaun museum near the Jervis shopping centre. The tour takes an hour

IwannaSnorlax Wed 10-Aug-16 11:04:58

Thanks both - not heard of either of those so will have a look.

squoosh Fri 12-Aug-16 11:59:21

With three young kids I'd definitely go for the Viking Splash Tour. I've never known a kid not to love it. They get to wear a Viking hat and shout at passing pedestrians.

vikingsplash.com/

hollyisalovelyname Sat 13-Aug-16 10:16:36

Yes,The Viking Splash Tour is great fun.

insuranceidiot Sat 13-Aug-16 10:31:15

Viking tour is great mine loved it. However if the weather was good I'd do the zoo. All ages love it and 4 hours is loads. A Taxi to the zoo would be minimal.

IwannaSnorlax Sat 13-Aug-16 12:40:21

Thanks all - think we'll definitely do the Viking tour but probably not the zoo as my DSs have been there before (relatives took them) & maybe the Leprechaun museum if we have time. Thanks!

IwannaSnorlax Sat 20-Aug-16 23:05:49

Thank you - we did the shops (including an ace comic store by Hapenny Bridge); couple of drinks in Temple Bar & the Viking Splash Tour.

It was also phenomenal for playing Pokemon Go grin

My DSs had a great day - I'd never heard of the Viking tour before, so thanks for the recommendation!

Banana99 Sat 20-Aug-16 23:08:40

Natural History Museum. - proper old fashioned Victorian type, it's great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now