Talk

Advanced search

Dublin - family friendly hotel / apartment recs

(10 Posts)
InionEile Wed 03-Aug-16 20:50:28

We're off home to visit family in a couple of months and we'll be staying in Dublin for a few days before heading down the country. I need to find either a self-catering apartment or a hotel that has 1-bedroom suites. Budget is not a big consideration. I just need to find the right place in the right location!

We have stayed previously at The Morrison on the Quays which was lovely but I'm looking for a quieter location this time. Whenever I look I keep seeing hotels in locations that are either too noisy (Temple Bar) or way out in the suburbs. Ideally I'd like to find somewhere that is close enough to walk into town or get the LUAS e.g. Ranelagh, Ballsbridge, Glasnevin...? Anyone got any recs? Thanks!

KanyesVest Wed 03-Aug-16 21:17:26

Castleknock Hotel?

CiaoVerona Wed 03-Aug-16 23:13:22

There are no hotels in Ranelagh, there's Travelodge in Rathmines, a Juries( Renamed)Bewley's & and a few more in Ballsbridge.

Rathmines is not on the luas it has multiple bus routes into town, ballsbridge is on the dart line and multiple bus's.

Id try something like hotels.com see what rates they offer if you're not
happy, call the hotels direct.

CiaoVerona Wed 03-Aug-16 23:15:46

Oh, also try airbandb you'll find a lot of short term let one bed apt's, my sis stayed in one in Ballsbridge last week she thought it was excellent.

CaitAgusMadra Wed 03-Aug-16 23:19:55

Camden court hotel is a short walk to city centre. I've never stayed there myself but we often put up guests there (thru work) and never had any issues with noise. The Alexander and Davenport hotels are right in the city centre but should be fairly quiet at night

CaitAgusMadra Wed 03-Aug-16 23:20:35

Camden court hotel is a short walk to city centre. I've never stayed there myself but we often put up guests there (thru work) and never had any issues with noise. The Alexander and Davenport hotels are right in the city centre but should be fairly quiet at night

clippityclop Wed 03-Aug-16 23:22:57

We recently stayed at the Temple Bar Inn, great central location and a huge room for four with two bathrooms. No noise issues whatsoever.

InionEile Thu 04-Aug-16 07:07:17

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check these out. I have looked on Air B&B already but haven't found anything suitable yet. Lots of studios or small flats or big houses that sleep 6+ but not much in between that I could see. We have young kids so will be trapped in the hotel / house after bedtime so we need a space that has a separate bedroom and living area.

MarDhea Thu 04-Aug-16 09:38:24

Try booking.com and select apartments only - they usually have a pretty good listing of serviced apartments and aparthotels with 1-2 bedrooms.

For location, if you want somewhere quiet from traffic noise then Ranelagh, Ballsbridge etc. (Off the main road) would be good. But if you just want to get away from late-night people noise, then Christchurch or the quays near the IFSC is also fine.

hollyisalovelyname Fri 05-Aug-16 09:46:02

Brookman town homes. I think they are in Donnybrook.
Google hotels in Ballsbridge- there are lots there. Close to the Dart for trips to Howth or as far as Greystones. Lovely trip along the coast. Stops at Dun Laoire, Dalkey , Klliney and Bray.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now