Talk

Advanced search

Ok ok ok don't kill me.....Christmas

(41 Posts)
TKRedLemonade Sat 30-Jul-16 10:28:33

Ok so I realise it's July, honestly I do but as I am due number 2 in Jan I reckon I will be too wrecked fur shopping in Nov/Dec. So need to start slowly (and spread the cost) the Christmas bargains thread is fab but so much of it is not possible for Ireland so I purpose a mini version of Irish deals here. So slow and steady as she goes smile

To start I bought my DD the baby born washbasin test in Smyths. It's 21 pounds on Amazon and was 10 euro in Smyths!

Feckinlego Sat 30-Jul-16 10:31:30

I'm in. Haven't spotted any bargains as such, but are you in the fb group beady eye bargains? It was a godsend last year!

TKRedLemonade Sat 30-Jul-16 11:38:06

I am Feckinlego (fab username by the way ) and love it but as there are 84,000 members I find by the time I see a bargain there it's sold out everywhere but it is fab

misspym Sat 30-Jul-16 11:49:11

Not sure what is going on with Heatons at the moment but I got amazing deals on toys with them over the past few years.

I paid €18 for a pack of two dolls that were selling for €45 elsewhere last year.

It's always worth keeping an eye on Smyths over the next few months. I got Heeleys very cheaply last year and also a Monster High thing that my dd wanted the previous year but I over ruled as being way over priced. Reduced from €60 to €25 and she was just as delighted with it a year late!

misspym Sat 30-Jul-16 11:50:37

Actually I highly recommend shopping online with Smyths. Next day delivery by AnPost so I can have the things delivered and stashed while the dc are in school.

ASheepInWolfsClothing Sat 30-Jul-16 11:52:43

Keep an eye on Tesco, they usually sell off a lot of toys towards the end of the "summer" so they can get in the new stock. I find it great as long as it's not the new big "thing" you're afterwink

Maryz Sat 30-Jul-16 12:27:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TKRedLemonade Sat 30-Jul-16 15:00:02

Ah it will just be the random bargain Maryz smile I am lucky my daughter is 2 so anything with a Disney logo or Doll and we are ok smile

Darwinisafish Sat 30-Jul-16 19:57:55

Lots of bargains in toys in Debenhams in the square today if that's of any use,

I was also tempted to get my DD to try on a first communion dress which was half price!!! I resisted thoughsmile--w----onders when we can start a communion 2017 thread.--

Feckinlego Sat 30-Jul-16 23:32:49

Darwin you totally should have done communion shopping! You could have saved a fortune!

curragh Sun 31-Jul-16 08:52:54

I'm in. Back to work after mat leave in September so all shopping (birthday and Xmas) will be done online. Love the main bargain thread but it is frustrating how little of it works for Ireland.

I will be looking out for a bike for nearly 4 yo DS. He has had a balance bike for ages and keeps asking me to buy him some pedals for it smile. Any recommendations as to where to buy?

wobblywonderwoman Sun 31-Jul-16 09:07:25

3 for 2 on toys in Argos so that's my nieces and nephew done. Got scuttlebugs and fancy dress costume.
Like the new bridge rose gold watches - might get for my mother but they don't seem to go on deals.
We bought and put away two ride on toys in January in halfords. Were down to 30 euro from over 100.
I usually use online for sportswear for clothes for dh and my brother

HughLauriesStubble Tue 02-Aug-16 22:48:31

I picked up our big stuff last weekend in the argos 3 for 2. Ride on tractor, imaginext pirate ship and sylvanian house. I'd love to say that our impending new arrival next march is my reason for starting so early but tbh, i always start around now. I reason with myself that I'm spreading the cost but in reality, I lose track of what I've already spent and I keep buying extra stuff in the lead up blush Have to rein it in this year though cos I'm only doing a few odd hours from home now.

HughLauriesStubble Tue 02-Aug-16 22:50:34

Oh also they have some of those little live pets things reduced in tesco, I picked up the goldfish in a bowl for a tenner a few weeks ago.

Glamorousglitter Sat 06-Aug-16 07:23:44

I m in too. Back to work soon after long mat leave, so will need to be organised !

I don't find shopping for the dc difficult it s dh s family tradition of everyone getting something for all the nieces and nephews that drives me bonkers, there s 12 of them and by the time you spend 20€ each it adds up and they end up with tat they don't want!

MapMyMum Sat 06-Aug-16 22:25:03

Im keeping an eye out for a good tablet at a good price preferbaly under 100euro for my eldest this christmas. Ive been asking around for recommendations. She's 13. Was thinking of an older samsung model if I can find one, what does anyone think?

DublinBlowIn Mon 08-Aug-16 05:35:45

My eldest wants a horse.

I'm in denial grin shock

MapMyMum Mon 08-Aug-16 10:50:43

Haha Dublin grin weve been through that phase, we booked her in for some riding lessons and she decided horses were too high up thank feck she is now hassling us for a dog, a rabbit, a guinea pig and some fish hmm

TKRedLemonade Thu 11-Aug-16 14:01:13

I just used the new address pal thing from an post for the first time. Allowed me buy the superhero capes they are going mad for on the 'real' Christmas thread. Will see how it goes!!

feckthemall Sun 14-Aug-16 21:48:50

Hope to start my shopping soon. Dd is monster high and littlest pet shop mad. My problem is that she doesn't mind anything. All her my little pony's have been wrecked by the dogs and though I want to get her whay she wants I know she won't care for them properly. Her birthday isn't long after Christmas and she does not get toys on between so I don't want to disappoint her. Her older siblings are getting clothes and vouchers. They have everything else they need through birthdays and buying for themselves.

AmyAmoeba Wed 31-Aug-16 13:20:37

Oh I need this thread so badly - I'm addicted to reading the other one but between the exchange rate and shipping it's usually as cheap to buy in the shops here

Argos have "up to half price" on bikes at the moment if that's on anyone's Christmas list
Hamleys in Dundrum had a musical Elsa dress reduced from €48 to €28, though I might just get DD the full price silent dress in Smyths for €24.99

Lego Advent calendars are out in Art n Hobby €24.99. I don't remember if anyone else stocked them last year and had a heartbroken DS when I didn't get one in time. Any thoughts on whether this is a good price or not?

He's looking for the mind storms Lego robot from Santa which is nearly €400 shock and I'm getting caught up in the this might be the last year he believes guilt. Any one any experience with Lego bargains?

TKRedLemonade Wed 31-Aug-16 13:25:44

Lego bargains are a few and far between but with Lego online you can get vip points for extra free stuff?

Also I think that was the price I paid for the advent calander last year and they didn't go down in price or on sale

AmyAmoeba Wed 31-Aug-16 13:57:15

Thanks TKRedLemonade, I'll check that out.

AmyAmoeba Thu 01-Sep-16 12:54:47

I got a nerf Rebelle arrow revolution bow that dd has been hankering after in Heatons for €22, (€30 in Smyths)

Smyths had 20% off super heroes Lego and some good reductions on some of the Lego city stuff.

TKRedLemonade Sat 03-Sep-16 13:48:06

Just picked up my free electronic monopoly in smyths. That will do for someone or just the family

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now