Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds. We've spent weeks researching and testing newborn beds in real homes with real families. Read our newborn bed reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

why are cot bed size duvet covers sooooo expensive???

(3 Posts)
alannabanana Wed 23-Sep-09 20:15:58

been trying to find one for soon-to-arrive cot duvet (preferably in the night garden, but beggars can't be choosers!)
have looked at mothercare, tesco, ebay, amazon, all over the place...they all seem to be more than i would pay for our own bedding!
the cheapest i've found is a tenner, and thats just plain, one colour boring.
anyone know of anywhere i can get bargain bedding?

feedthegoat Wed 23-Sep-09 20:25:01

Ikea are cheap for the cot sized ones and I found they were fine if I just folded the bottom of the quilt over (only about 10 inch). I think I paid about £8.00 for a nice bright animal design.

Dunelm also had some ones with designs on for £13.99 when I was last looking. Not as cheap as £10.00 but at least they're not plain.

sherry4283 Sat 24-Oct-09 16:19:33

Have a search on play.com for junior duvets - they have a few on there believe it or not from £9.99.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: