Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tiny Bedroom - Mid Sleeper / Cabin Bed recommendations please!

(10 Posts)
MotherOfGirls Thu 17-Sep-09 07:32:54

We are moving to a house where my 11 year old daughter will have a tiny bedroom. She will need a bed with storage underneath, as there is not enough space for a bed and a chest of drawers. Any recommendations?

We will only be ther for 2 years so I'm trying not to spend a fortune but I'm worried the cheaper mid-sleepers will not be sturdy and I'm looking at Stompa, which cost more than I want to pay!

TheBalladofGayTony Thu 17-Sep-09 07:42:51

ikea are pretty good. we looked all round and unless you are going down the stompa route they are the best for your money

MotherOfGirls Thu 17-Sep-09 07:47:49

Thanks. I had a look at the Ikea website, as I'm generally a fan, but I can't see anything with much storage.

MotherOfGirls Thu 17-Sep-09 07:49:03

I should have said - it can't be too tall, as the ceiling slopes too!

PestoLovelyMonster Thu 17-Sep-09 08:00:26

I'm trying to track down a good one of these too, so am watching this thread with interest.

MrsGokWantstogocampingagain Thu 17-Sep-09 09:20:22

This is the one we have for DC1. It has a wardrobe, drawers and shelves (we have bought so boxes which go on the shelves for storage) Somewhere for DC1 to do his homework as well. There is a void at the back which is accessed by crawling under the desk which is DC1's 'secret' hideaway.

Ohio cabin bed Argos

Poledra Thu 17-Sep-09 09:22:05

Marking this thread, as am in similar situation, right down (or up?) to the sloping ceiling.

MotherOfGirls Thu 17-Sep-09 09:26:12

That one looks good, MrsGok, but I think I need something with less height. Also, there is a built in wardrobe in the room (praise be!) so it's drawers and shelves which are needed, rather than hanging space.

lucysmum Thu 17-Sep-09 09:27:34

We've just gone through this. A warning - most of the cabin beds we looked at were too tall for our room - she would have bumped her head when she sat up in bed ! Ended up with Odda bed from Ikea with storage boxes underneath as a compromise and a tall thin chest of drawers (old one from Mamas and Papas) and lots of hooks to hang long stuff on.

titchy Thu 17-Sep-09 09:46:28

Our dcs have Flexa bads - a bit cheaper than Stompa I think. VERY sturdy. Can have chest of drawers and a bookcase underneath. Can change legs to make either normal bed, double bunk or even triples for the future. Would thoroughly recommend. Try Ebay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now