Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

cot recommendations

(9 Posts)
amarantha Fri 21-Aug-09 14:40:44

Hey ladies,
Please can I have any recommendations for a cot or cotbed. I'm hoping to spend under 200 ideally under 150 and have been looking at the East Coast Anna.
All ideas gratefully received
Thanks
Ama

nappyaddict Fri 21-Aug-09 14:45:16

I had this one

SabsBigPants Fri 21-Aug-09 15:13:21

bumping this topic.

I'm due with my first DC in 5 weeks time and also would like recommendations for a cot - not a cotbed as i dont have the space. I'm thinking of buying from john lewis and spending around a £100 for the cot plus additional for the matteress

tethersend Mon 24-Aug-09 14:25:46

Have a look at the Brio ones here

Although only the black one has adjustable mattress heights and drop down sides.

Have just posted this on another thread, I should be getting a commission! I have the black one, and really love it smile

BertieBotts Mon 24-Aug-09 14:37:52

Oh I love those brio ones. Ikea do a nice bright one but only in red or blue. I like that because it has a really high setting for newborns and a really low setting with removeable side for toddler-bed-conversion.

Are you looking for anything special? e.g. Lots of mattress heights & removeable side so you can use as a sidecar cot, Cotbed which converts into toddler bed, Built in toys (ie the playbead ones), nice colours of wood or bright colours or nice designs... etc etc.

Would recommend a sidecar style cot (or one you can convert) if you are breastfeeding. We have ended up with 2 - one DP converted into a sidecar and can't make back into a normal cot so we are now also getting the ikea one which will be in DS' room.

tethersend Mon 24-Aug-09 14:52:21

sorry, should say drop down side singular

amarantha Thu 27-Aug-09 11:58:29

Thanks for the replies ladies, I've been lucky my MIL turned up the other day with the mamas and papas playbead one as a surprise present.

SabsBigPants Fri 28-Aug-09 15:06:02

the black brio does look good. DH likes it too!

iloveflo Sat 12-Sep-09 23:16:37

We also have a brio cot - have it in raspberry red. The finish is fabulous, everyone thought we were mad but it really adds a wow factor bit to our little girls nursery and a bargain at £109.99. "Got it from here".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now