Talk

Advanced search

Chicco Next2Me Magic is tilted

(6 Posts)
Mamimummama Tue 29-Oct-19 19:26:26

I have been using a Chicco Next2Me cot with my new born and have noticed it is slightly tilted thus my baby wakes up with his face against the side bar. I thought it was him that moved naturally towards us but have tried moving it and rotating it and it is always against the same side (with the side that lowers down) even if we are the other way around. I can also see that the cot tilts a bit even without the baby.

Any has had the same experience?

I complained to John Lewis and they said it was fine, when it is clearly not and still trying to get a proper response (they are being terrible, with really late emails and asking for pics even if I have already sent them).

LLMD Wed 30-Oct-19 16:55:02

Hey OP

We have the same crib and I thought our 3mo was just shuffling himself into the side!

I am out now but will be checking if it’s tilted as soon as I get home.

His poor face is right up against the mesh every morning.

Mamimummama Wed 30-Oct-19 17:43:25

This is precisely what happens to mine. Have tried other 2 cots and no problem there!

scratchbass Tue 26-Nov-19 21:27:58

Ours tilts too! It is so annoying and often wakes up my now 14 week old baby because he ends up so close to the side that his arm falls in the gap. We have to move him to the non-opening side continuously throughout the night. He can't even move himself that much because he's in a sleeping bag and he still ends up right up against the side. We never leave the side down at all because at least when it is up, his face will go up against the mesh.

@Mamimummama how did you get on with your complaint?

scratchbass Tue 26-Nov-19 21:28:25

Ours tilts too! It is so annoying and often wakes up my now 14 week old baby because he ends up so close to the side that his arm falls in the gap. We have to move him to the non-opening side continuously throughout the night. He can't even move himself that much because he's in a sleeping bag and he still ends up right up against the side. We never leave the side down at all because at least when it is up, his face will go up against the mesh.

@Mamimummama how did you get on with your complaint?

Mamimummama Tue 26-Nov-19 23:09:29

We got our money back from JL, but neither them or more importantly Chicco admitted there was a real problem. There was a mention to a «non flat angle» which was astounding. Check out the response from Chicco: «We do not recognise that there is any fault with the product, the rocking feature of the Next2Me Magic naturally creates a non-flat angle, which is normal and is part of the product characteristics.«They also mentioned the angle is naturally reduced if you strap the cot to the bed but this is only possible with very specific beds.

What you describe is exactly what we had. I think we should all complain. How is this cot and its non flat angle nominated as «best cot of the year»????

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »