Talk

Advanced search

How much space do babies need in a crib?

(4 Posts)
FurbabyMama Sun 13-Oct-19 09:11:18

Hi!

Can you tell me how long your DC was when they outgrew their moses basket/crib, and how long said basket/crib was?

I'm expecting baby to be quite long (DH is about 98th percentile) and trying to work out whether the snuzpod 2 my sister has offered me will do until 6 months, or if I'm going to have to buy something longer anyway in which case I might as well just start off with that and not bother buying a mattress for the snuzpod. 98th percentile length at 6 months is 72cm and snuzpod internal length is 80cm. Longest crib I've found (that also fits width wise) is 90cm.

TIA!

Seventytwoseventythree Sun 13-Oct-19 09:13:04

Interesting question, no advice but I’m pregnant and my husband is 195cm so following with interest!

burritofan Sun 13-Oct-19 10:47:20

DD is 91st centile for height and outgrew the Snuzpod around 4 months, less for length and more for arms hitting the sides/rolling into the sides as she settled. She's a week shy of six months and we're assembling the cot right now! (She's been in our bed for weeks.)

But worth having for when they're teeny-tiny as they like the feeling of being enclosed; going from womb to full-sized cot would be terrifying. But the baby will probably end up sleeping on you for the first few weeks anyway.

FurbabyMama Sun 13-Oct-19 11:26:36

Thanks @burritofan, that's helpful to know. We will definitely have some kind of crib before moving to the cot as a cot won't fit in our bedroom but I think I'll just go ahead and buy the longest crib I can find rather than spending money on a new mattress for the snuzpod and having to find another solution before baby is old enough for the cot

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »