Talk

Advanced search

co-sleeping toddler - moving into own bed...what size?

(7 Posts)
LulabelleH Sat 07-Sep-19 20:10:32

co-sleeping toddler - moving into own bed...what size?

cot bed? single? double? mattress on floor? any advice please?

my little one is nearly 2.
he currently co-sleeps in a super king bed.
he sleeps so much better than he did in his cot.
I’m not sure if it’s the duvet, pillows, our company/body warmth or the space he has to roll & change position,
so I’m thinking a similar setup in his own double bed maybe be a good idea, thoughts please?

Pipandmum Sat 07-Sep-19 20:15:09

My son moved from his cot to single bed with attached rail halfway down one side (other side against wall) at 20 months. I don’t remember any issues. I guess there was room for a double but never occurred to me to get one.

tiintoon Sat 07-Sep-19 20:24:16

My daughter, 4 this month, is asleep in her (bunk)bed in her own room for the first time tonight! But before that, for about two years she slept in a toddler bed next to our bed.

BEDinhalfanhour Sat 07-Sep-19 20:26:10

My DD went from a double bed to a toddler bed at age 3.

Swatsup Sat 07-Sep-19 20:33:27

Mine went straight to standard single beds in there rooms after Co sleeping / being in one of those bedside cot. I got decent mattresses though as I spent most nights in with them lol

Expressedways Sat 07-Sep-19 20:38:13

Double if you have space in case you end up in there with them! If you don’t then a standard single. No point getting a toddler bed as it won’t last you very long.

LulabelleH Sun 08-Sep-19 16:21:59

thank you 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »