Talk

Advanced search

Best mattress

(10 Posts)
Hyggemama Sun 12-May-19 07:01:50

Looking for advice... Yesterday bought a John Lewis Naturals collection 8000 mattress for £1300 shock and got home before deciding to read the comments (bad idea). Its got terrible reviews and I'm thinking of cancelling the order. Anyone got a good / bad experience to share about this mattress? Also any recommendations for a decent mattress £500-1000? I'm considering cancelling and ordering a Silentnight Ecocomfort breathe but hardly any reviews about this one. Please help!

Tootyfrooty35 Sun 12-May-19 07:09:18

We have an Otty and it's AMAZING. First time we've ever splurged on a mattress. Ours is superking and was £700 but worth it imo. We got the free pillows too and they are really great,very supportive for me as a side sleeper.

Athousandstars04 Sun 12-May-19 07:21:15

Simba mattress. Best thing we've ever bought

Hyggemama Sun 12-May-19 07:37:58

That's interesting. I've been put off the mattresses in a box by a friend who found the Emma no good after 6 months. Will reconsider Simba and Otty!

laura2107 Sun 12-May-19 07:43:09

I think it must be something u can try first. I have the Otty and me and my partner hate it and now after spending 500pnds on it won't get rid of it but I think I wake up sore all the time from it.
Everyone is different in what they want from a mattress I think as Iv heard good things about the Otty but it's just to hard for me and I feel when u lie to near the edge it sinks down so u feel like u may roll out 😂🙈 x

Hyggemama Sun 12-May-19 09:02:14

Ah it's so tricky! We tried a load in John Lewis and the one we went for felt lush but reviews say it does at first then feels horrible after just a few weeks (not what I want for £1300 hmm). And returning is really difficult/impossible. Haven't found one make of mattress that everyone has got on with!

bitchfromhell Sun 12-May-19 09:47:35

We've had a Casper for about 18 months and it is heaven.

Hyggemama Sun 12-May-19 14:12:16

Ooh Casper, thank you will have a look!

littlebillie Sun 12-May-19 22:18:27

Hypnos

FraggleRocking Sun 12-May-19 22:26:37

www.costco.co.uk/Disposal-1989/Silentnight-Bexley-Miracoil-Ortho-King-Size-Mattress/p/141635

Super cheap but also super comfy! And if you don’t love it you’ve got some money spare for a topper?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »