Talk

Advanced search

Best Cot Mattresses

(6 Posts)
BabyMammy2001 Tue 19-Feb-19 17:00:19

HELP!! Looking at mattresses for a cot and have been bombarded with several different varieties; foam, spring, pocket spring and natural. I'm a first time mammy and haven't a clue where to start or which is the best for my DC . Any recommendations would be hugely appreciated!

Peachy92 Sat 11-May-19 19:51:35

Sorry no one answered you - if you did decide can you let me know? Mine depends on if they're compatible with the angel care monitoring pad which I hope the east coast cleaner sleep pocket spring mattress is as that's the one I'd choose I think!

SweepTheHalls Sat 11-May-19 19:53:26

Go for something low to mid price and stop over thinking it! (but I heartily recommend a cosleeping crib for the first 6 months. Saved my sanity!)

Peachy92 Sat 11-May-19 20:50:15

@SweepTheHalls My son is 4 months so still in Moses next to me for now just setting up his cot in prep and having the angel care already in use gives me peace of mind but need a mattress that will support that and be comfy. Upstairs is also very stuffy so don't want him getting too hot in the summer when he'll move in there

Thertruthisoutwhere Fri 07-Jun-19 21:51:29

I have a £40 JL one and it's fine. Babies are light so just need something firm ans they'll be comfy smile

Peachy92 Fri 07-Jun-19 22:45:51

Thanks @Thertruthisoutwhere we went for a JL one but had to get the £90 one to support the Angelcare and it works a treat with it! It's super comfy, looks good, has a removable waterproof cover but mattress can be used without. I love it, so would definitely recommend it smile JL never disappoints

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »