Talk

Advanced search

Sleepyhead

(7 Posts)
justwingingit10 Wed 06-Feb-19 11:32:30

Opinions please on the Sleepyhead deluxe pod. Should I wait until baby is here to decide whether I think we would get good use from it or not? Also, any reviews on the cheaper sleep pods?

Jackshouse Wed 06-Feb-19 11:33:37

Check out the Lullaby trust recommendation first

EssentialHummus Wed 06-Feb-19 11:35:37

We used one with DD and I think it helped once I realised I needed to remove the cardboard insert but I wouldn't buy it before the birth. See how you go. In terms of helping the baby sleep by creating a cocooned feeling there are other options - swaddling, for example.

justwingingit10 Wed 06-Feb-19 16:38:25

@EssentialHummus haha!
Thank you, i'll hold off for now

justwingingit10 Wed 06-Feb-19 16:40:46

@Jackshouse had a look, thank you for the heads up!

Emelene Wed 06-Feb-19 16:43:08

Yes I agree with the PP - advised against by the SIDS charity the lullaby trust x

bigandbumpy Mon 18-Feb-19 20:55:21

No buy it now! I have a 2 week old baby boy and it's the only thing he likes to sleep in - the Moses basket is very hit and miss. Also I don't think the base of the Moses basket is as firm as the sleepyhead! Honestly the last 2 weeks have been the hardest of my life and the sleepyhead has been a godsend, and so worth it's money!
I'm sure my reply will start all the banging on about lullaby trust recommendations blah blah but we've done our homework and made our decision.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »