Talk

Advanced search

Chicco next to me or crib?

(7 Posts)
lemonnmeringuepie Thu 12-Jul-18 18:31:42

Chicco next to me or a crib?

I have a 1yr old who slept in a Moses basket as a newborn, but often wouldn't settle and I often worried about the stand giving way!

Due baby 2 in Oct and wondering if it's worth investing in a Chicco next to me, or whether a crib is just as good.

Thank you in advance!

Lauren83 Thu 12-Jul-18 18:47:30

Ours has been brilliant, DS is still in it at 6 months, it was so easy to settle him as you could just reach in without sitting up from bed and I can hold hands with him whilst he falls asleep. You can usually get them on offer or good deals if you don't mind second hand so I would definitely consider getting one

redexpat Thu 12-Jul-18 18:59:12

I invested in chicco next2me for dc2 as after i had dc1 i found lifting him out of the basket and into bed was really painful after childbirth.

redexpat Thu 12-Jul-18 18:59:55

The mattress was quite hard so get something softer to go on top.

ParkheadParadise Thu 12-Jul-18 19:03:56

Chicco next 2 me was the best thing we bought for Dd2.

TiggeryBear Thu 12-Jul-18 19:12:03

I have the Mothercare Hyde crib which we bought for DC1, we are now reusing it for DC2. But if I had my time again I would definitely get a Chicco next to me. It's wider (not sure if it's longer though) but my SIL had one for their DC1 - who was still in it at about 8months whereas my DC1 outgrew the crib by 4months - wasn't big enough for DC to roll over in & DC preferred to sleep on their side once they could roll over.

lemonnmeringuepie Thu 12-Jul-18 19:21:53

Thank you so much for all of your replies - felt totally clueless about it all but feeling a bit better now! Will definitely look into the Chicco

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »