Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Keep cot bed or move to single bed?

(6 Posts)
applepatch Tue 14-Nov-17 16:11:47

Need ideas as to what to do here. My DD is 18 months and quite tall for age, also rattles around like a pin ball in her sleep.
We’ve got her in a travel cot just now as she woke herself up too much with her wooden cot banging off the sides and it’s been working ok up until now but she’s on verge of outgrowing it.

Issue now is should I get the cot re-set up as a Cot Bed with a bed guard and pad the heck out of it or go for single bed, with a bed guard? Trouble is I tend to need to resettle her at 4am or thereabouts most nights confused and currently do that by lying on cot bed mattress on floor. So I’m thinking single bed so I can fit in comfortably too if I need to but can’t seem to find one low enough looking online. So I need a single that’s low and secure enough for a ridiculously active sleeper. Any recommendations??

Olivelor Fri 17-Nov-17 15:43:23

I would suggest to go for a single bed with a bed guard since your DD will be growing and eventually a cot bed would not be enough.
My sister has a papallona single bed with trundle. It is interestingly low and safe all around too.

lightcola Fri 17-Nov-17 15:47:40

Could you try a single mattress on the floor for a few months first till she’s a bit older and sleeps better. Obviously lifting it every few days so it airs underneath.

FurryGiraffe Fri 17-Nov-17 15:50:51

We moved DS1 into a full single at 18 months for ease of settling: he went through a phase of only going to sleep if one of us was right next to him/waking up lots in the night and quite frankly being able to get in with him was much easier.

SheepyFun Fri 17-Nov-17 16:04:40

Another one with mattresses on the floor - they can't fall far! Then you can get a longer term bed when he's a bit older.

applepatch Sat 18-Nov-17 14:38:16

Thanks all for your ideas and suggestions. I’m definitely veering towards a single bed I think, probably because I can then use a bed guard to pen her in a bit when I make a bid for freedom!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now