Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds. We've spent weeks researching and testing newborn beds in real homes with real families. Read our newborn bed reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Snuzpod

(5 Posts)
User1983 Tue 31-Oct-17 16:34:45

Hi

I am looking at cribs to buy for when baby is born. I have decided on the snuz pod. My issue is that my time is going to be split 50/50 so half the time at my home with hubby and the other half at my parents. It will usually be 2 consecutive weeks at parents and 2 at home.

I know the bassinet can be removed but I think the stand is important too.

I was thinking of transferring the whole thing in my car between visits. My mum said she will just buy a snuzpod but it seems like a waste of money to have two.

Does anyone have any experience in transporting the whole thing?

Thanks

Julesbegone Tue 31-Oct-17 17:04:42

Why not a Tutti Bambini Cozee? We went for one over the Snuzpod because 1) it’s bigger, which means it will last longer and 2) the whole thing is collapsible, making it easier to transport.

User1983 Wed 01-Nov-17 08:05:55

Thanks for that suggestion, I hadn’t thought of that! I think my preference for the snuz pod comes from the fact the bassinet can be removed from the base and taken to another room. I think having a foldable crib though is more important. Thanks!

welshweasel Wed 01-Nov-17 08:12:56

We had a snuzpod at home with a sleepyhead in it. When we travelled (frequently) we just took the sleepyhead and DS slept in that then bought a cheap travel cot when he was older. Defitnely not worth buying two snuzpods, they grow out of them so quickly. I never carried the bassinet bit round the house either, it was too heavy. What pram have you bought? The carrycots are often fine for overnight sleeping.

Frillyhorseyknickers Wed 01-Nov-17 08:17:54

Whilst the bassinet is portable, realistically it's quite a heavy wooden frame and I haven't moved it from its stand. With a newborn, you will not be able to carry both. I do love my snuzpod but it isn't easily portable at all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: