Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Chicco next 2 me crib

(14 Posts)
Chlandy Mon 05-Dec-16 21:26:45

Hi,

I'm planning on purchasing a chicco next 2 me crib tomorrow, however, I'm concerned as I have a divan style bed and want it for co-sleeping... Has anyone used it with a divan and if so can you tell me how you attach it as I'm struggling to understand how it attaches to a divan base?

Thank you

WhatInTheWorldIsGoingOn Mon 05-Dec-16 21:30:37

The feet have a catch that bends them in so you can push the legs flush with the bed.

It also comes with straps that go under the bed mattress secure it.

WhatInTheWorldIsGoingOn Mon 05-Dec-16 21:31:25

The only thing to watch out for is the height. My divan is very tall and it only just passes as acceptable.

ImYourMama Mon 05-Dec-16 21:31:35

We have a kingsize Devan and it's attached fine, I'd really recommend it. The straps wrap around the base smile

Chlandy Tue 06-Dec-16 14:59:32

Thank you I've managed to do it but just wondering how do you get the feet to stay bent in mine keep popping out am I missing something? Thank you for your replies and does the belt go round the mattress? The instructions are really unclear :/

ImYourMama Tue 06-Dec-16 18:24:14

Belt goes round the base of the Devan, under the mattress

WhatInTheWorldIsGoingOn Tue 06-Dec-16 18:48:05

The feet just stay pushed up against the divan don't they? They push out but not strong enough to move the crib away.

Chlandy Tue 06-Dec-16 19:28:36

Ah right thank you! Yeah they just push out a bit but it doesn't move the crib, just wanted to check that was right smile! Thank you very much reassured me I've done it all correctly smile hopefully a better night sleep tonight now my baby can cosleep with me smile X

WhatInTheWorldIsGoingOn Tue 06-Dec-16 20:35:05

Don't forget you can lower the feet end to two clicks from the head end for colds/reflux.

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Sun 01-Jan-17 22:18:49

Jumping onto this thread wondering what people think of their chicco next to me or a snuzpod? I gather the chicco has adjustable tilt for reflux/colds but the side cannot be easily reattached without first undoing it from your bed.

There is the expense side of things, however, I'll need something for after baby outgrows the carrycot and before we can transfer him or her to the nursery. I'll be having a c section and have back problems, so want something I don't have to lean into too much.

So I've considered the snuzpod, chicco next to me or just a basic crib/swinging crib.
Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Chlandy Mon 02-Jan-17 05:28:56

I can't comment on snuzpod, but I got a next/m2me and I love it! It is a lifesaver... The crib is much bigger than your standard Moses etc, so if you're thinking something for 6 monthsish size is great... Yes you have to detach to raise the side but I have a divan but even I think it's easy and quick to attach and detatch, do it often when sleeping out I take it or when I change our bedding! My baby wouldn't sleep before this crib now he only wakes up once for a bottle and goes straight back in his crib as he's still asleep next to me really smile

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Mon 02-Jan-17 12:19:59

Thanks Chlandy.

One issue I might have is that we have an integrated wardrobe/cupboard type of thing around our bed, so there is a wooden panel at my head area, if that makes sense? So if I had a next to me, the baby would be at the level of my tummy. Does this render a snuzpod/next to me pointless?

Chlandy Mon 02-Jan-17 14:23:23

Well my bed is in an alcove so the next2me isn't next to my head it's more at just below shoulder level, I just move a pillow down so I'm laid next to him face to face kinda thing and I tend to move up once he's settled then if I hear him stirring or anything I just put my arm in with him from where I'm laid and it seems to work... Was a bit of a pain moving my pillow down at first, but now I'm used to it smile

Ada2717 Wed 31-May-17 06:19:09

Hi. I got the chicco next 2me crib and although my bed is slightly higher than the crib, I don't mind having the crib without really lowering the side.
I'm considering buying a wedge pillow for the crib in case of reflux etc. Is it really worth it? or lowering/tilting the crib will be enough to help the baby?

Any thoughts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now