Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

sleepyhead

(17 Posts)
shalalala Mon 28-Mar-16 18:34:22

Has anyone bought/looking at a sleepyhead? So expensive but I've read such good things and am tempted. Found an offer through NCT making it £75 instead of £100... I've read different reviews on how long babies use them for? X

ShinyShinyShiny Mon 28-Mar-16 18:38:16

DS was in the smaller size until about 6 months at which point I sold it on eBay for £60ish and bought the next size up which he is still in at 26 months. It worked for us to an extent (he was a bad sleeper with the Sleepyhead but a terrible, terrible sleeper without it) but I know it doesn't for everyone, so can only recommend based on our own experience not as a guarantee of a brilliant sleeper (unfortunately).

EsmesBees Mon 28-Mar-16 19:04:49

Best £90 I've ever spent! Dd was in it from 5 days to 7 months. Wonderful invention.

EsmesBees Mon 28-Mar-16 19:05:30

The only down side is that you have to take it with you on holidays etc and it is bulky.

Wineandchoccy Mon 28-Mar-16 19:37:56

Best invention ever dd was in the deluxe until she was 9 month old and is currently fast asleep in her Grande at nearly 1 year old she looks so comfy I wish they did an adult version grin

shalalala Mon 28-Mar-16 21:10:57

Thank you! X

andadietcoke Mon 28-Mar-16 21:48:55

Mine are still in the grandes at 2.5. I'm hoping they'll make the transition to beds easier as I plan to use them as bed guards. They were in the deluxe until 9 months I think.

MyDarlingWhatIfYouFly Mon 28-Mar-16 21:57:35

Baby version and the grande both worked brilliantly for us. The covers are so expensive though! I only had one for quite a while and the constant washing and drying it was a pain, but the thing itself is brilliant.

cocochanel21 Mon 28-Mar-16 22:01:16

DD2 is 4mths so she's still in the deluxe. Plan to buy the Grande when she's older.

Defently worth the money.

Quodlibet Mon 28-Mar-16 22:08:17

I've just ordered one of these too. Not so much to buy for 2nd baby, but I've had so many recommendations for this.

0phelia Mon 28-Mar-16 22:13:28

Another one here to say Sleepyhead is amaaazing.
DS was a big boy, so he grew out of the small one by 5mo but then we upgraded to sleepyhead large. He is still in it aged 16mo.
I swear it's one of the main reasons as to why he is such a good sleeper.

TheKingSits Mon 28-Mar-16 22:23:05

We have our 7 week old in one and we do really like it. We have never tried him in anything else so not sure if he would be a good sleeper just in his cot, but he is good in the sleepyhead. He is BIG though, so I'm not sure how long we will get out of the Deluxe, maybe 4/5 months?

We have him in the bed with us, in between us but safely in his sleepyhead. It's absolutely lovely and ideal for night feeds after a c-section. We do have a super king bed though!

Washing the covers is a pain though - we have a different muslin down each night under his head to catch the worst of the spit ups and protect the sleepyhead as much as possible.

ThirtyNineWeeks Mon 28-Mar-16 22:27:44

My reflux baby will only sleep for proper periods in this, but it infuriates me that I can't breastfeed him in it!

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 28-Mar-16 22:30:23

It's amazing wished I'd had it for dd too my ds loves his. The covers are expensive though and a faff to change so I put a fresh muslin clothes over it before goes sleep so if ds is sick etc i don't have to change it in the night can just swap Muslin instead.

Wineandchoccy Mon 28-Mar-16 22:57:23

Fitted sheets work well over the top so you don't have to wash the cover as often, a cot one fits the deluxe and cot bed fits the grande.

andadietcoke Tue 29-Mar-16 03:59:17

I have clevamama mattress protectors over our's and then a fitted sheet as well. Saves a lot of time if they're sick.

Strawclutching Tue 29-Mar-16 05:44:01

My 2 week old loves hers. Best money I've ever spent! (First baby slept on our chests for a long time). From friends experience they are very easy to sell on. I haven't bothered with covers I've just used thin blankets to line.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now