Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Co-sleeper cribs - Arms Reach, Snuzpod, Chicco next2me

(10 Posts)
sambababy Fri 22-Jan-16 14:01:41

I'm looking for advice/experiences from anyone that's used these co-sleeper cots. I'm leaning towards the Snuzpod and the re-sale value seems good. Our mattress sits within a frame about 4cm wide. Will there be a big gap when I try to put one of these cots next to the bed? I've read that the Snuzpod mattress also sits within a wooden frame?

Arms Reach - it looks like there is a barrier between the beds even when the side is down, is that correct?

I felt the Chicco mattress in a store and it felt too hard to me but it does look easier to get this cot up against my mattress due to the folding legs.

SweepTheHalls Fri 22-Jan-16 14:02:57

I have a Troll bedside crib, there is a gap because of the bedroomed, which I fill with a swimming wiggle wrapped in a towel!

Whoknewitcouldbeso Fri 22-Jan-16 14:08:29

I had an arms reach twin sized co sleeper for DS. Sold it for a profit and three years on have just bought another one for our very imminent arrival. I haven't had any other co sleepers so I can't comment, I was very happy with Arms Reach though which is why I bought it again.

Aworldofmyown Fri 22-Jan-16 14:09:19

I had a Snuzpod for DC3 and wished i'd bought one for all three DC!

There would be a gap but you fold the side down onto the bed so as long as you fill the gap its fine.

Also I zipped mine up when the baby was asleep so that was a really handy feature for me.

Nowthereistwo Fri 22-Jan-16 14:12:12

We've got a John Lewis bedside cot.

Fits flush to our very high bed. The side is down and below the cot mattress height.

The best bit is the wooden frame as it means you can attach a mobile for baby to watch (don't think you can with some of the fabric ones).

Also get a mobile with batteries so the music & movement last longer. We bought a wind up first which didn't last 2 mins let alone a shower!

Whoknewitcouldbeso Fri 22-Jan-16 14:13:05

I can see you asked a specific question about a barrier? I think I know what you are getting at and I would say it all depends on the height of your bed. I have a tall bed so have bought extension legs and have the height of the bassinet at a level where there is no barrier. In fact the mattress is probably a couple of inches higher than the cot so the mattress has formed a very slight barrier, but I quite like that as it feel safer.

If you're interested a can take a photo as its all set up and good to go.

sambababy Sun 24-Jan-16 13:46:54

I hadn't thought about filling the gap. I guess once it gets to a point where the baby is able to potentially roll onto my bed, I need to be keeping the side up anyway.

Aworldofmyown, how do you keep the side securely in place over your mattress?
Nowthereistwo I haven't heard about a John Lewis one, I shall have a look.
Whoknewitcouldbeso, if you could send a photo that would be really helpful to see, thank you!

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Sun 24-Jan-16 13:55:02

I got a 2nd hand NCT Bednest off eBay for 90 I think, and bought a new mattress from NCT.
The cot fitted snugly against the bed frame and although there was a 2" gap to my mattress I plugged it with a rolled up hand towel.
I usually had the side folded down and went to sleep touching her.
The cot frame adjusts easily to different heights and easily adjusts to slant the angle of the bed.
I guess all Co sleeper cots do this..

I went for Bednest because at the time it had the highest resale value, and I liked the clean wooden frame.
(There was an awful story lst year about Bednest where a poor little baby died but it was subsequently found that the poor parents accidentally used it incorrectly and an inquiry found that if used as instructed there should be no greater risk than any other model, iirc)

Bexster93 Fri 29-Jan-16 16:39:55

haha I managed to pull out the user guide to my snuzpod, it says the plastic insert on the fabric pod helps to bridge any gap of up to 5cm between the snuzpod bassinet frame and your mattress.

My DD has just grown out of her snuzpod, definitely want to use again for DC2.

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Sun 07-Feb-16 09:04:26

I have a snuzpod for my 9 week old. Couldn't recommend it enough, its ace. So easy having him just there!

With regards to the rolling point, I use it with a sleepy head, which works really well and if you want to keep the side down, prevents them from rolling out. Also DS is so cosy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now