Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Maximum age for shorty bunk beds?

(3 Posts)
M194 Tue 14-Jul-15 09:57:35

Hi there,
I am thinking of buying bunk beds for our children's room. Ideally I want to get shorty bunk beds purely because they are smaller and will save space in an already very small bedroom. The ones I am looking at seem to be pretty sturdy wooden ones. Does anyone know if they would be ok for 8-12 year olds please?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you smile

Ausflug Tue 14-Jul-15 10:06:45

Depends how tall your children are, I suppose. I think as a general rule you want a bed to be at least 20cm longer than your height.

More if you are like my DD and sleep below your pillow. My DD2's bed is 160cm long, and it's a little bit cramped for DD1, who is 7.

Presumably short bunk beds are longer than 160 cm, but I'd still worry they'd not last a 12 year old boy long at all - maybe they'd last a girl a bit longer.

M194 Tue 14-Jul-15 17:13:43

Thank you for the advice, the 20cm rule was very helpful smile With this in mind I think they should last a good while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now