Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Suitable duvet for 2.7 yo

(4 Posts)
kelloo1 Wed 05-Oct-11 21:04:52

My DS is in a cot bed and at the moment he has a flat sheet and a thin quilt type blanket. It gets cold in his room overnight and he wakes up early in a morning because he is cold. I was wondering what type of duvet he can have on his bed? We have a few single bed duvets already but I'm not sure what tog he should have. Can he have a normal sized single bed duvet or are cot bed duvets more suitable? I don't want him over heating but he needs to be snug! TIA

Casmama Wed 05-Oct-11 21:07:48

I would just use one of the single duvets you have as I think cot bed duvets are often more expensive. Start off with the lowest tog you have and work up. If he is too sweaty then go back to the previous one.
You may have to fold it in half as it will probably be too big for the cotbed so bare that in mind. My ds (2.1) currently has a 4.5 tog duvet.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Wed 05-Oct-11 21:09:47

I bought a junior bed package off ebay - £18 for duvet, pillow, and covers. Duvet is 3.5 tog.

But that said we have no single duvet, and dd is in an extendable bed so will not outgrow it for a few years yet.

kelloo1 Wed 05-Oct-11 21:20:06

I have just checked the thinnest one we have and it is a 4.5. His bed is against the wall so I could even tuck it down the side and under his bed. He is a bit of a wriggler so this way might keep him wrapped up! Thanks casmama

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now