Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Travel cot advice

(5 Posts)
ObviouslyOblivious Wed 21-Sep-11 22:25:53

We are going to stay in a cottage for a week on Saturday and need a travel cot for for 8 month DS.
As far as I'm concerned we already have one (NScessity) but DP doesn't think that its style/construction is appropriate for a whole week hmm

Can anyone recommend a conventional style travel cot so I can go out and get one tomorrow? Preferably smallish to transport and easy to fold/unfold.

Thanks!

dreamfeeder Wed 21-Sep-11 22:31:40

Having a conventional travel cot, I don't think it would be any more comfortable. We bought a Mothercare won brand one, for about £60, and the top of the range Cool-max mattress at £40. The mattress is still only about an inch or 2 thick, they say it's because they're only for temporary use. The guy in the shop said loads of people don't even buy the mattress part at all and just use blankets on the base of a travel cot. We pad it out with blankets under the mattress anyway. Do you really need another?! DD does sleep well in ours, and once you have the hang of it it's easy to fold/unfold and pretty cheap as travel cots go. It green, with animal pics on... can't remember exact model, but mothercare own brand all same same, just different colours/patterns.

dreamfeeder Wed 21-Sep-11 22:32:06

takes up a good amount of room in our Focus boot though...

dreamfeeder Wed 21-Sep-11 22:32:42

and err, that was Mothercare own brand, not 'won' brand...

ObviouslyOblivious Thu 22-Sep-11 08:42:11

Thank you Dreamfeeder

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now