Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cold bedroom for child - what tog duvet?

(8 Posts)
jennifersofia Tue 30-Aug-11 23:40:44

Also, are down duvets warmer than polyester? What about wool duvets?
I have read in the past that children don't need as many 'togs' as adults because they tend to be warmer generally - but it is an attic room and can get very cold (5-8 degrees), what would be cosiest?

Catsdontcare Tue 30-Aug-11 23:42:58

How old is the child? DS has quite a cold bedroom so last year we went to 7.5 tog, he's 3.

jennifersofia Tue 30-Aug-11 23:48:25

She is 10. We did lots of layers last year, fleece blanket, wool blanket etc. but it was rather unsatisfactory as whenever she turned they would shift around too much (and were a bit scratchy..)

thisisyesterday Tue 30-Aug-11 23:53:35

keep the radiator on?

what tog does she have at the moment?

thisisyesterday Tue 30-Aug-11 23:53:55

also maybe some of those fleecy all-in-one pyjamas?

jennifersofia Tue 30-Aug-11 23:59:28

No radiator up there, only electric heater, and can't really afford to keep it on all night. She is in thermals - don't think I could get her into the all-in-one's (though it would be good bribery fodder for when she starts dating..)

thisisyesterday Wed 31-Aug-11 00:02:21

a down/wool duvet won't be warmer than a polyester one of the same tog. the tog rating IS how warm it in iyswim?

so I would just get a warmer duvet than she has at the moment. and then a couple of blankets on top if she needs it.

jennifersofia Wed 31-Aug-11 22:22:50

Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now