Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Arms Reach Co Sleeper - Bedside Cot

(13 Posts)
Daisypants Mon 29-Aug-11 18:11:51

After much research and review reading I finally made a decision that I wanted the 'Arms Reach Universal Co Sleeper' and of course I can not find it ANYWHERE!
After a day of fruitless internet searching I have only been able to find it in America without the possiblity to ship. If anybody knows of a similar product here or knows of anyone selling their own Arms Reach cot please please be in touch. Thought it might be worth a try...

www.nctshop.co.uk/Arms-Reach-Universal-Co-Sleeper-Bedside-Cot/productinfo/4367/

Supersunnyday Mon 29-Aug-11 21:16:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Daisypants Tue 30-Aug-11 12:28:53

Thanks Super, that does look comparable and I like the natural look/feel of it. Good website to have on file as well. My only concern is that it will only be suitable for a few months, the other bedside cot I was looking at can be turned into a regular cot/changing table/playpen so can be used longer. Budget sad

nocake Tue 30-Aug-11 12:41:57

I've just found a note on the website of Sierra Distribution, who import the Arm's Reach cot. It says that they are no longer importing it into the UK so once everyone has sold their stock it will not be possible to get it. Like you, I was unable to find a company that still had stock sad

The Bed Nest is a good alternative although it isn't as big and isn't as flexible. We used it with DD until she was almost 6 months. The friend we bought it from also used it to 6 months.

Supersunnyday Tue 30-Aug-11 13:04:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BertieBotts Tue 30-Aug-11 13:13:56

Do you know you can just convert a normal cot into a sidecar type one, providing it's sturdy enough with one side removed and you can find a way to raise the mattress height? The ikea cots with the removable side are perfect for this and they are very cheap. (apologies if you were already aware of this and decided on the arms reach specifically)

BertieBotts Tue 30-Aug-11 13:15:19

Cossatto do a bedside cot as well.

Daisypants Wed 31-Aug-11 08:34:05

Thanks all, I think we will look for a 2nd hand bednest if possible or convert a regular cot to a co sleeper. We have a little bit of time so can keep looking until closer to the date.

YougreatPamplemousse Wed 31-Aug-11 08:37:34

Brio do a bedside cot which is great - we had one for DD1. The side goes up and over to the other side, there are loads of levels so it fits against most beds. I wanted an Arms reach too but could only find the mini one when we looked.

YougreatPamplemousse Wed 31-Aug-11 08:39:30

or here

YougreatPamplemousse Wed 31-Aug-11 08:39:57

Sorry - here

worldgonecrazy Wed 31-Aug-11 08:46:59

We bought a cot bed from John Lewis (the Rachel) and just had that against the bed with a side removed and a few pillows tucked in very tight to fill in the gap. Worked really well for us as it was the same height as our mattress. It also meant there was space at the foot of the cot for cake, squash, spare nappies and other night time essentials.

Daisypants Thu 01-Sep-11 11:22:05

That looks like exactly what we are looking for, thanks for the link. Time for us to make some decisions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now