Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing cots and beds. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Mums! Can I use my Travel System pram liner and mattress as moses basket?

(2 Posts)
SKT27 Tue 23-Aug-11 14:11:56

I am short of cash, and was wondering if I can use my Silver Cross 3D pram system pram liner as a moses basket for the first few months? It comes with a "comfortable" mattress, but don't know if I am wrecking the baby's back by using this on the floor? Obviously, I don't want to skimp on something that could damage the wee thing, hence mums - what do you think??

AKMD Tue 23-Aug-11 20:59:17

I've just had a look at it and I don't think it would be safe to use on its own as it's collapsible and doesn't look at all designed to be used off the chassis. If you are seriously cash-strapped, I would go for co-sleeping or you can get a brand new moses basket from Asda Direct here for only £25, including a mattress.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: