Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

cot for nightime, what to use for daytime sleeps?

(7 Posts)
catthymcc Sun 21-Aug-11 14:25:59

Hi,
First baby due november, plan to have a cot in bedroom for night sleeps, but not sure what to use for daytime sleeps downstairs? Considering either moses basket or carrycot, but these only last up to bout 6mths, what to use after that? Or travel cot, can then use for hols & staying at grannys, but most dont look very comfortable for daily use? Or propped up on sofa with pillows? What worked best for you, or any other solutions?
Thxs for help, Cathy

cat64 Sun 21-Aug-11 14:47:39

Message withdrawn

cat64 Sun 21-Aug-11 14:48:38

Message withdrawn

BigusBumus Sun 21-Aug-11 14:52:22

Why do you want to have the baby sleep downstairs during the day? It is, in my opinion, best to get a baby used to sleeping in their cot for naps as well.

(Apart from the very early newborn days, when they will sleep anywhere)

mousymouse Sun 21-Aug-11 14:55:31

I used the carry cot from the pushchair.

CharlieMumma Sun 21-Aug-11 15:00:06

by thetime they are too big for moses basket you are best to get them napping upstairs in their cot - gives me a chance to get bits and bobs done around the house. def dont leave them on the sofa or bed by 4.5months my ds was rolling about everywhere!

catthymcc Sat 27-Aug-11 10:45:28

Hi,
Thanks for all the replies,
Will just get a cheap moses basket for first few months, then use his cot upstairs. 3storey house so would prefer to have him downstairs with me, then I can gaze adoringly at him all day..... Plus moses will be handy for carting round the corner to grannys when i'm not feeling so adoring....
Thxs again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now