Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cot mattresses...where do I start...or stop?

(8 Posts)
JoJoB11 Wed 10-Aug-11 17:21:37

Hi all - need to buy a cot mattress (not cot bed so will only use c.18mths I imagine). Have looked through various websites but there are so many different ones to chose from, with varying prices to match!! Any recommendations, incl. foam vs sprung/make? I don't really want to spend over £70 unless it's really worth it (??). Needs to be 118x56 which not all sites seem to sell either - although Mothercare class this as standard. Any advice/help appreciated!!

MayDayChild Wed 10-Aug-11 18:46:28

My DH is a physio and his mantra is spend as much as you can afford on the mattress not the bed.
He insisted on the same for the DC so they both have John Lewis sprung mattresses which cost about £90 for cot and £120 for cotbed.
Also strongy believe in John Lewis as a brand. Can't say I feel the same about crappy Mothercare.
Spend as much as you can afford. Sprung is def better than foam. Use a pampers bed mat under the sheet for protection.

MayDayChild Wed 10-Aug-11 18:47:37

Oh, standard is 120x60
This will fit ALL cots tho check ikea as they are weird.
Cot bed is 140x70

JoJoB11 Wed 10-Aug-11 19:00:01

Yeah - I looked at John Lewis and thought they looked good but the size doesn't work unfortunately. I thought it'd be easy to get a mattress this size...but maybe not. Thanks anyway.

MayDayChild Wed 10-Aug-11 19:36:47

They will fit, it's a couple of cm. They are pretty standard and I have a Mothercare cotbed with John Lewis mattress.

tethersend Wed 10-Aug-11 19:42:23

These people are absolutely brilliant, and will make you a mattress to your specifications for a very good price and deliver very quickly. Have used them many times.

tethersend Wed 10-Aug-11 19:43:33

They were cheaper than the ready made from John Lewis and Ikea for the ones I bought.

JoJoB11 Thu 11-Aug-11 09:04:49

Thanks both - I have a John Lewis close by so I'll see if I can try out one of their mattresses to fit and then if not I'll try that website. Appreciate your help!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now