Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone know of a good comfy travel cot??

(7 Posts)
justtired Mon 01-Aug-11 20:40:41

Hi.
Just wondered if anyone knows of a good and easy to put up travel cot. I had one for my DS1 but the mattress that came with it was one so thin that it wasnt very comfortable so looking for a thicker softer one.

Failing that does anyone know of any mattress' you can buy seperately to put in a travel cot?

Thanks x

Phoenix Mon 01-Aug-11 20:46:50

I got a travel cot mattress on Kiddicare. It was a while ago now though so don't know if they still do them.

I don't think any travel cots come with thicker mattresses cos then they wouldn't fold up that easily for travel iykwim.

dizzymac Mon 01-Aug-11 20:52:43

I have bought a mattress for mine from mamas and papas. I think Mothercare do one too. they are great. Nice and thick but they do take up room when travellinghmm. If I recall, the MOthercare one folds up more like a thick blanket while the M&P one I just fold in half and stick on top of all the stuff in the boot.

dizzymac Mon 01-Aug-11 20:53:18

Sorry about all the typos. I forgot to check.

ajaybaines Mon 01-Aug-11 20:55:18

I borrowed my friends babydan travel cot lately which fits a standard sized cot mattress in it. We'd had a hideous experience theprevious month with our own travel cot but DD slep beautifully in this one with her own mattress. You need a bit of space to take it with you, obviously, but well worth it if you can squeeze it in!

bamboobutton Mon 01-Aug-11 20:57:28

i also got a very good one from kiddicare.

it was about £50 for the cot and a seperate mattress.

justtired Mon 01-Aug-11 21:57:10

Thanks everyone, the one we got was from mothercare and as phoenix said i think that the mattress is so thin because it goes around the cot to hold it together when folded up so think I will just get a seperate mattress, Im not too worried about it taking up room if its nice and comfy for baba.

Are they safe to have, can you buy different sizes and does anyone have a name of a good one for me to google

Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now