Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cot Bumpers

(5 Posts)
sobeitjedi Thu 07-Jul-11 10:17:46

Hi.

Expecting first baby, we have the cot, but am unsure whether to buy a traditional cot bumper or an 'airwrap' cot barrier.

My main concern with the 'airwrap' barriers are that they don't seem to be padded enough to protect the baby from banging his head on the rails?

Can anyone offer any help or advice on what is best to buy?

Becky99 Thu 07-Jul-11 14:48:53

In my experience they are a waste of money. I ended up worrying that my DS would suffocate on the material since they rarely sit flush against the cot bars.
Good luck!

Samvet Thu 07-Jul-11 14:59:35

traditional cot bumpers are generally not thought to be a great idea, although lots of people have them, as they don't allow airflow through the cot which can prevent overheating etc etc. Also they have ties which can be dangerous, and be used to pull up on when they are older. You won't need to be worried about your baby hitting his head for a while yet as you get the staying where you put them bit for usually 3-4m at least! So I wouldn't worry at the moment, it is not a baby essential! I have an active baby and only now at 10m am I buying an airwrap as he keeps getting his legs caught in the bottom and waking up!

mama2alex Sat 09-Jul-11 20:22:54

I have a cot wrap (similar to an airwrap I think) and I find it padded enough, its actually more padded than it looks in the pictures. I wouldn't use a normal bumper, there are lots of horror stories going around about them. This is the one I have: www.safedreams.co.uk

bettieblue Sat 09-Jul-11 20:29:10

Why are traditional cot bumpers considered unsafe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now