Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Natures Nest hammock -has anyone used one?

(7 Posts)
choc44 Mon 30-May-11 22:40:48

I've just become aware of the concept of baby hammocks whilst researching cots for my first expected baby.

Really liking what I've read about the Amby Natures Nest in particular, but as all the reviews on their website are so positive I'd rather read more reviews from both fans and not-so-fans, and would to know if anyone here has used one?

Thanks in advance,

Angela.

Moodykat Mon 30-May-11 22:46:32

Bumping to mark place!

Chunkamatic Mon 30-May-11 22:52:27

We got one for DS2 hoping that we would avoid the nightmare that was DS1's sleeping habits - it was not the miracle we'd hoped for.
He did like it, and it was very handy for travelling with as we didn't have to worry about him being in unfamiliar bed etc, but he was still a really, really bad sleeper. He also used to turn himself so he was sort of nuzzled in to the side, which caused problems when he went into a proper cot as he had nowhere to nuzzle.
HOWEVER, we also co-slept so I do think it was the not-being-next-to someone (or indeed attached to, as he would have had it) that caused him the most problems.
So, in short, I wouldn't buy one believing that it will make your baby sleep well, but they are good products which look comfy. And I bought and sold mine on ebay for practically the same price, so didn't cost me anything!

Happypapa Sun 05-Jun-11 12:25:17

For what it's worth, my wife and I have a newborn DD (one week old) and so far she's seemed very happy in her hammock. Especially after a bath. We've been waking her up for a feed at half 11pm and another one at 4am and apart from that she's slept briliantly. I put a fairly warm hot water bottle in it for a bit before her just so it's extra cosy. the only rough night we've had so far was the night before last when my wife's milk was coming in and the baby had been asleep in various relatives arms all day so she just didn't seem tired and just wanted to feed. Still, very early days, I'm sure she'll give us PLENTY of sleepless nights. One thing I will say is that rocking and bouncing her in it just seems to stimulate her rather than calm her. But the slight movement of the hammock when she wriggles seems to soothe her. Good luck! ps Ours is an Amby one.

AitchTwoOh Sun 05-Jun-11 12:27:17

i loved ours. used it with both dds, and it was great. loved sleeping with my hand on their feet.

Issy42 Tue 14-Jun-11 13:23:01

I loved mine too. My dd is a very small (premmie) 18-months and has only just moved to her cot - the frame is till up in her room just in case she has a bad night. She wouldn't sleep in the Snugglenest or a moses basket as she had reflux and harder mattresses aggravate that but has always slept well in the Amby. She slept much more than any other babies I know - not sure if that was due to the Amby or being premmie.

The downsides were:

- getting her to move into a cot - it took an ear infection making her so poorly she didn't care where she slept

- if she was sick in the night then she had to sleep in an alternative bed

I put mine through the washing machine as I didn't notice the handwash label and it was fine. Last month dd had a sickness bug on hols, so it got machine washed several times and it tumbled dried ok too.

The only wear and tear on dd's Amby is the rubber sleave at the end of spring but Amby sell replacement heavier weight springs so I expect that I would be able to get a replacement standard one if I e-mailed them.

Lulabellarama Tue 14-Jun-11 13:25:34

Loved ours. It won't turn your baby into a magic sleeper if they're not, but it does make it much easier to get them off to sleep and seems like a much more comforting environment than a cot. DS2 slept in his until about 7 months when he was too big (even though it says it can accomodate up to age 2 hmm)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now