Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing cots and beds. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Mid rise cabin beds & safety?

(3 Posts)
BlodynBach Fri 14-Jan-11 13:36:36

DS has seen a midrise cabin bed & wants it. We're not sure that they are safe. I looked at RoSPA website but they only discuss bunk bed (high rise) accidents. My DS is 5. can anyone share their experiences?

WhyHavePets Fri 14-Jan-11 13:40:34

Assuming he has no mobility issues then most 5yo will manage a cabin bed fine. Some come with handles that can be fitted to ladders etc.

From personal experience I have not actually known any child who has had an accident on one (and only one child who had a minor accident on a bunk bed) however, even though I know a lot of children for various reasons) this is not a very scientific way to approach the question!

IM^personal^O it should be fine, the safety requirements are stringent but only you know your child!

BlodynBach Sat 15-Jan-11 20:22:25

Thanks WhyhavePets - I think adding handles to the ladeer would be a very good idea. DS is quite sensible but I was concerend he might fall off when getting out of bed at night when he is half awake.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: