Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing cots and beds. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

mattresses??? what type?

(4 Posts)
drdoolittle1000 Wed 29-Dec-10 22:51:54

hi Im due in may and looking at cot beds etc. What mattresses are best for babies? foam or sprung? Does it matter?

timmi99 Thu 30-Dec-10 19:53:18

Hi, congrats we are expecting our new baby in June and went for a Little Green Sheep organic mattresses. We preferred spending a bit more to get an organic mattress as we were worried about all the things we read about chemicals in other mattresses. At the end of the day though, it's down to choice.

Laska Thu 06-Jan-11 15:04:34

I like the idea of getting an organic mattress for our little one (due in March), but aren't you meant to put a plastic cover on it anyway? Which kind of negates the nice organic-ness. So I'm a bit stuck to know what to do confused

Laska Thu 06-Jan-11 15:06:36

Or I was looking at this mattress which has a water repellant cover on it, but I'm not sure if this meets the SIDS guidelines, which seems to imply having a waterproof cover is the best....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: