Boris Johnson set to approve new Plan B Covid restrictions

(411 Posts)
WineGetsMeThroughIt Wed 08-Dec-21 11:11:39

Just been announced. But what will this entail I wonder. 🤔

http://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-boris-johnson-minded-to-move-to-plan-b-of-rules-this-week-sky-news-understands-12489880

OP’s posts: |
Teenagetrouble Wed 08-Dec-21 11:14:46

Only real change to now would be working from home if you can. Wonder if there will be a press conference tonight

WineGetsMeThroughIt Wed 08-Dec-21 11:18:08

Teenagetrouble

Only real change to now would be working from home if you can. Wonder if there will be a press conference tonight

The article I saw on Apple news which I now can't find said there was going to be a press conference this evening

OP’s posts: |
fakereview Wed 08-Dec-21 11:19:09

The Times is also reporting this - but saying there is disagreement over vaccine passports.

I am generally against vaccine passports but could see some sense in requiring them for large indoor events for a short period (say until the end of March) to protect unvaccinated people from themselves!

Forestdweller11 Wed 08-Dec-21 11:20:30

Telegraph are reporting it as well.

Press conference pencilled in for 5/5.30 apparently.

Teenagetrouble Wed 08-Dec-21 11:21:36

Hmmm wonder if Boris will be brave enough to do it

CJay81 Wed 08-Dec-21 11:21:59

So only diff is work from home. Here in Wales we already have passports for large events and cinemas.

Advertisement

serengtisprinter Wed 08-Dec-21 11:23:20

This government are a bunch of lying cunts

screwcovid Wed 08-Dec-21 11:23:51

serengtisprinter

This government are a bunch of lying cunts

This

Polkadotties Wed 08-Dec-21 11:23:53

fakereview

The Times is also reporting this - but saying there is disagreement over vaccine passports.

I am generally against vaccine passports but could see some sense in requiring them for large indoor events for a short period (say until the end of March) to protect unvaccinated people from themselves!

I think the last nearly 2 years have proved that nothing is ever for a short period.

Lostinacloud Wed 08-Dec-21 11:24:21

I am in France, vaccine passports since end of July. I can assure you that they do sweet fuck all against the virus. Cases here now at over 50,000 per day. All it does is create a two tier society and force people to be vaccinated in order to live a normalish life, including your teens and maybe soon your younger children. Even if you are vaccinated but a bit hesitant about vaccinating your DC, it will affect you because you can’t go for a family day out to a museum or theme park of restaurant. I urge everyone in the Uk to resist them.

FiHefyd Wed 08-Dec-21 11:25:05

Of course he is. How else can he distract everyone from that video?!

pianolessons1 Wed 08-Dec-21 11:25:20

If you're not vaccinated you don't go into non-essential shops, restaurants, cafes, cinemas, theatre etc. Should have been doing that from the start.

milly74 Wed 08-Dec-21 11:25:35

After the video that came out last night? God they are so stupid aren't they

FissionMailed Wed 08-Dec-21 11:25:42

Tory Distraction technique.
Blind the dumb people from the truth and shift focus from the Christmas Party.

OutOfBounds Wed 08-Dec-21 11:27:43

From Tom Newton Dunn on Twitter

But Tory MPs adamantly aren’t. I also understand only 3 ministers spoke in favour of Plan B now during Cabinet yesterday. One senior Tory MP just now: “I’m not having all our lives fucked up by these fucking halfwits again just to dig themselves out of their own fucking mess”.

Tittyfilarious81 Wed 08-Dec-21 11:28:06

@Lostinacloud This is my argument against them here , being vaccinated doesn't stop you spreading the virus it reduces it only , therefore the passport is useless it's just a way of forcing people to get vaccinated

secondaries Wed 08-Dec-21 11:28:23

We need vaccine passports.
And masks in all indoor spaces.
And work from home.

I would accept these measures if we could continue to exercise in non-local areas (because no-one needs drones over the countryside shaming people walking their dogs and police sitting in rural car parks, road blocks catching people visiting the dying etc).

Redcrayons Wed 08-Dec-21 11:29:25

On the Gov website the difference in England will be Masks, covid passports for some indoor events, work from home. Who knows what else they will spring on us.
I wouldn’t mind if they banned Christmas parties over a certain size (especially work ones 😏). But I’m guessing they won’t go near the P-word at the moment.

secondaries Wed 08-Dec-21 11:29:44

I doubt all the scientists in most of Europe are wrong about vaccine passports. The UK stands out as being isolated in being half-hearted about vaccines. If you are the odd one out, the chances are you wrong.

Lostinacloud Wed 08-Dec-21 11:30:44

Just look at New York, now kids aged over 5 included in vaccine pass for entry. It will happen everywhere even if it creeps in slowly unless we hurry up and say no!
If they are really intended to help stop spread then why is testing as an alternative being removed more and more?

Lostinacloud Wed 08-Dec-21 11:31:38

And don’t be fooled by Covid passports only for large events. It doesn’t take long before you need them for almost everywhere.

Youngatheart00 Wed 08-Dec-21 11:33:51

Oh god I’m so, so fed up with all of this now.

Lostinacloud Wed 08-Dec-21 11:34:17

@secondaries you tell me which country on Europe with vaccine passports has contained cases?
France were recently gloating that theirs was keeping cases below 5000 per day….oh until they took approx 5 weeks to build up to 50,000 per day.

Whammyyammy Wed 08-Dec-21 11:34:27

milly74

After the video that came out last night? God they are so stupid aren't they

Quite the opposite imo, think they're being smart. We'll see what they say, but they can deliver a brief on something to create a distraction. People already divided over covid passports and masks and arguing amongst themselves. While they fight over whats briefed etc, they'll soon forget the Xmas shin dig fiasco....

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in