Changing rooms that are open.

(125 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 14-Apr-21 08:00:23

I thought starting a thread where we can say whether changing rooms are open or not in stores. Government guidelines allow for them to be open now.

I tried to buy a bra yesterday in House of Fraser (don't ask). Changing rooms were closed. I cant buy the hundreds of bras online I need to try on while trying to work out what fits me now. So I gave up.

So. Please add to this list.

House of Fraser - closed.

OP’s posts: |
DialsMavis Wed 14-Apr-21 08:17:34

Oh good thread! I only know about Sainsburys-still closed. I desparately need to try on bras and jeans & can head to one of two shopping areas depending on who has opened up their changing rooms.

StevieNix Wed 14-Apr-21 08:18:23

Does anyone know if primark changing rooms are open?

needtowalkmore Wed 14-Apr-21 08:20:07

John Lewis in Cheadle was open yesterday. Could only take 3 items at a time and was really well organised.

Mindymomo Wed 14-Apr-21 08:20:08

I am waiting for M&S to open up changing rooms for bras too. I’ve been wearing soft sports type bras for the past year.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 14-Apr-21 08:58:13

Thanks for the heads up on John Lewis. Can do a decent bra shop there.

I think I saw a sign that m&s are doing bra fittings again. So they might be open.

OliveTree75 Wed 14-Apr-21 08:59:46

Anyone know about zara? I really need new jeans and got no idea what size I am now after having baby

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 14-Apr-21 09:00:04

I'm desperate for jeans too. My experiment in how far I can stretch my unintentionally holey jeans is starting to become at risk of being obscene. Unless holes in the seat is a thing, in which case I'll crack on. grin

Pleasenomoreglitter Wed 14-Apr-21 09:01:41

Primary closed. H&M open.

Dozer Wed 14-Apr-21 09:06:02

Lots of companies’ websites are silent on this matter: annoying! Visited a city centre in north of England yesterday.

Primark - closed.

H&M - closed.

Next - closed.

M&S - closed, except pre booked ‘no contact’ bra service.

Bravissimo - open.

RoseRedRoseBlue Wed 14-Apr-21 09:09:03

This is is just so ridiculous and over zealous. We need to be realistic about Covid and start lifting some of these pointless rules and policies.

Passthesauce Wed 14-Apr-21 09:19:44

Our local Fatface is open.

Not much use for bras, though!

StevieNix Wed 14-Apr-21 09:23:25

Do you think if I bought things, went and tried them on in the public toilets next door and then returned them straight away if they don’t fit that they would let me? I have literally no idea what size I am after a very big weight loss during this past year so this is the only way I can think of making it work hmm

ginguar Wed 14-Apr-21 09:28:25

@StevieNix I know some places have a no return policy for underwear so I would double check before you buy them. Wouldn't want to end up with a load of bras you can't wear or return.

LilyMyOneAndOnly Wed 14-Apr-21 09:29:53

Joules changing rooms were in use yesterday, not sure what the rules were but I think they were steaming the clothes after each person

McCheney73 Wed 14-Apr-21 09:36:00

I work in a outdoor clothing shop and we've kept ours closed.

They have to be regularly cleaned, member of staff monitoring them and anything tried on would have to be quarantined. It's a lot of extra work for us and we already have so much more now..

Also its very hard to clean a carpeted changing room with a fabric curtain.

zzzebra Wed 14-Apr-21 09:45:21

Also desperately need bras for my post breastfeeding deflated balloons.

Only place I've heard that has their changing rooms open is Bravissimo. But I don't live close to one.

I tried measuring myself at home and then ordering online but couldn't find a good fit.

RoseRedRoseBlue Wed 14-Apr-21 09:52:47

@McCheney73 genuine question. Do you personally think it is necessary to take the measures you have in place?

Dozer Wed 14-Apr-21 11:09:30

StevieNix: trying stuff on in the loos then returning would work, yes!

Not a great shopping experience, mind you.

I’m only buying online or from places with changing rooms open.

Supersalty Wed 14-Apr-21 11:42:37

M&S are doing bra fittings @zzzebra, you can book an appointment online. How they are going to do it "non contact" is a mystery!

Are shops allowing you to try shoes on? Desperately need some new trainers because mine have holes in.

lljkk Wed 14-Apr-21 11:46:54

Changing rooms at my pool are now open for changing after swim -- hoorah!!! Sorry, no idea on clothes. I have too many already.

LucilleTheVampireBat Wed 14-Apr-21 11:49:03

Useful thread.

Although it is crazy to me that shops are still not opening changing rooms. Aren't we supposed to be getting back to normal?

Pippioddstocking Wed 14-Apr-21 12:05:20

The lack of changing rooms being open will just stop me buying until they are. Busy NHS role here and I just do not have the time to be going back and forth to return things that do not fit, does anyone?

ssd Wed 14-Apr-21 12:09:41

Its awful for the staff. We want them open too but have to follow company guidelines.

poppycat10 Wed 14-Apr-21 12:14:11

I thought shops could now open changing rooms. Why are they going off on frolics of their own. What do think is going to happen?

If I got covid there is no way I could prove I had caught it from a particular garment in my local M&S for example. By definition if I've been into a shop I could have caught it anywhere in that shop or the surrounding area (especially if an indoor mall).

As someone said on another thread, people have been handling items in a supermarket for a year and we've not all had covid including those of us not bleaching or quarantining shopping.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in