Talk

Advanced search

Where's my thread gone?

(293 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

CovidJabToday Tue 19-Jan-21 10:31:59

I posted last night about how the vaccine centre I went to yesterday was not well ventilated, tea and coffee given in the waiting area after etc... Sharing of pens.

The thread was going ok, no rudeness or arguments on the thread, just people giving sensible comment. Some with similar experiences, some with better experiences.

Then this morning a thread pops up about 'beware the anti vaxers', dissing my thread and calling it fake.

Now my thread has gone???

Why are we only allowed to give one side of the story on Mumsnet? This is shocking. My post wasnt offensive or anything. All true. How are posters meant tom prove they r genuine?

OP’s posts: |
InterfectoremVulpes Tue 19-Jan-21 10:33:48

What did the deletion message say...

ripples101 Tue 19-Jan-21 10:35:32

Thread deletion said “fake news”

PhryneP Tue 19-Jan-21 10:35:41

This is the deletion message

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Jan-21 10:36:08

MNHQ deleted it.

Akire Tue 19-Jan-21 10:36:57

It said fake news! I posted pictures from bbc news that showed some centres looking less than perfect with SD. Chemists opening with no spaces at all and very squashed. Perhaps MN can just watch the rolling news and make their own mind up.

CovidJabToday Tue 19-Jan-21 10:37:07

But it wasn't fake news. It was true. Other posters were also saying they'd had similar experiences,while.others said they'd had better experiences. It was a genuine post? Why take it away? Why do Mumsnet think it's fake?

OhBabooahka Tue 19-Jan-21 10:38:03

You actually expect us to believe they were serving refreshments at a vaccine centre?

PhryneP Tue 19-Jan-21 10:38:03

Can you say which vaccine centre it was as then mumsnetters who have been to/work at the same one or know someone who has can back you up

Timeontimeoff Tue 19-Jan-21 10:39:27

Which vaccine centre was it @CovidJabToday

Then it can be correctly investigated .....

InterfectoremVulpes Tue 19-Jan-21 10:39:46

Well, as threads about threads aren't allowed this one will be gone soon too.

You'd be better off contacting MN directly to ask about your thread.

CovidJabToday Tue 19-Jan-21 10:39:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rosehip10 Tue 19-Jan-21 10:39:54

@OhBabooahka plenty of people have mentioned hot drinks being served at vaccination centres in the 15 min wait. Why would they make that up?

OhBabooahka Tue 19-Jan-21 10:40:12

CovidJabToday

But it wasn't fake news. It was true. Other posters were also saying they'd had similar experiences,while.others said they'd had better experiences. It was a genuine post? Why take it away? Why do Mumsnet think it's fake?

It's looking likely that a lot of comments are just a handful of posters either name changing or having different accounts in various names.

No idea what people posting this crap actually hope to achieve.

reformedcharacters Tue 19-Jan-21 10:41:02

Shutting down opinion unless it’s genuine fake news is dangerous it just adds fuel to the fire.

There’s no rational debate on MN anymore if your thoughts/ideas/options don’t fit with the majority it often ends up in bullying.

covetingthepreciousthings Tue 19-Jan-21 10:41:44

You actually expect us to believe they were serving refreshments at a vaccine centre?

Why would you not believe this?

BIWI Tue 19-Jan-21 10:42:45

Because it was fake?

Because it spreads unnecessary fear and concern?

Because, as an NHS worker as I think you said you were, you should know better?

If it was an issue then you should be dealing with the centre itself, not spreading stuff like this on social media.

Oh, and top tip, your namechange didn't really help matters.

CovidJabToday Tue 19-Jan-21 10:43:12

*Shutting down opinion unless it’s genuine fake news is dangerous it just adds fuel to the fire.

There’s no rational debate on MN anymore if your thoughts/ideas/options don’t fit with the majority it often ends up in bullying.*

Yes, I'm really shocked (and a bit annoyed) that Mumsnet took my post down. It feels like we are only allowed to post positive experiences. But I didn't have a positive experience so it would be 'fake' and not genuine to say I did.

WankPuffins Tue 19-Jan-21 10:44:50

So now @mumsnet get to decide what is fake news? Absolute bullshit. What a disgrace.

pinkpip100 Tue 19-Jan-21 10:45:00

I am also shocked that thread has been deleted. An NHS friend had her jab last week and said the same about offering tea & biscuits afterwards. Not sure which centre but she lives in the Midlands so unlikely to be the same one as OP. Why would anyone make that up? I am completely pro-vaccinations but if the circumstances around their delivery aren't what they should be then surely it's better to bring this to light so they can be tightened up?

Akire Tue 19-Jan-21 10:45:55

More than happy for MN to check my IP or whatever it is and see I have no connection with other posters. I’m all Pro jab I think NhS have been doing really well but my
Personal experience at GP and hospital haven't been A-standard on this pandemic and it’s fair to want see other experiences of Covid centres. If that’s just tiny minority that’s all well and good.

MissBaskinIfYoureNasty Tue 19-Jan-21 10:47:21

Its quite worrying that conversations are being shut down like that.

BIWI Tue 19-Jan-21 10:48:15

MNHQ, like other social media platforms, have a duty to take down anti-vaxx stuff.

Soontobe60 Tue 19-Jan-21 10:48:25

CovidJabToday

It was Bedford hospital. I am being honest. There was a bowl.of tea bags in the room you had to wait in after the vaccination, and you could help yourself and make tea from the hot urn thing.

If other posters went there yesterday, perhaps you could back me up?

As you’d just had the vaccine you should be ok 🤣🤣

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Jan-21 10:48:41

TBF you can shut down a conversation yourself by hiding the thread. Easy.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in