Another symptoms one (sorry!)

(7 Posts)
dumbledory Thu 19-Nov-20 06:52:48

Hi all!

Single mum here, so noone at home to bounce off of for thoughts/advice...

Woke up Monday morning with vertigo/dizziness, which was so disorientating I fell. Rang the doctors for them to say it's a viral infection which is affecting a nerve in my inner ear (this was all over the phone and despite the fact that my ears feel completely fine)...they prescribed some tablets to combat the dizziness and that was that.

Fast forward to last night (Wednesday). The dizzy spells are worse, not better, and I'm super tired and feel quite "swimmy". No other symptoms, but upon checking my temperature it was 37.8. This morning it has gone back down...

So, my question is:

Am I being a hypochondriac who clearly has an inner ear viral infection or does that temperature last night mean I need to test/isolate?

Just want to do the right thing, as it were.

Thanks in advance.

OP’s posts: |
lovelemoncurd Thu 19-Nov-20 07:03:24

Well the temperature would indicate virus and I have had this and the room really does spin. What are you worried it is instead?

Crakeandoryx Thu 19-Nov-20 07:06:08

Only one way to find out op. Get a test. I often get dizzy spells with inner ear issues and it can make you feel rotten. However covid is throwing up so many different symptoms it's impossible to tell what is and what isn't covid.

celebrityskin Thu 19-Nov-20 07:09:47

Get a test. You have a fever so meet criteria

dumbledory Thu 19-Nov-20 09:54:28

Thank you all for your replies. It's so hard to know what the right thing to do is. Just taken a test on my GP's advice. Off to collect my daughter from school and then we'll wait in for results. Hopefully not too long.

PrivateD00r Thu 19-Nov-20 10:04:59

Definitely the right thing to do op. Good luck, I hope the result comes back quickly flowers

dumbledory Thu 19-Nov-20 13:31:36

Thank you. Fingers crossed for a swift result. I just hope whatever this is doesn't pass onto my daughter.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in