Would you have a test for this?

(13 Posts)
PeachesandCream2020 Wed 18-Nov-20 20:57:35

I’ve been feeling like crap since Monday, no COVID symptoms. I went to the doctor last week about an itching on the right side of my face and they said it was probably an allergy. The itching has now gone but I have an ache still in that side and sore muscles. Also spasms in my stomach. Been checking my temperature all the time and it’s been around 36 all week. Just checked it now and it’s 37.8 and I have chills and shivering.

Checked what classifies as a high temp on google and it’s conflicting. Is it a 38?

Please be kind, I’ve been alone since Monday and worked myself up about it and just cried for about 2 hours which hasn’t helped. 😞

OP’s posts: |
nancybotwinbloom Wed 18-Nov-20 21:01:36

To me it sounds like a bug not Covid.

Maybe take some paracetamol and brufen and her in bed if you are not already.

Hope you feel better soon xxx

PeachesandCream2020 Wed 18-Nov-20 21:06:38

Thank you, the paracetamol and ibrufen have been working but maybe they have given me the sore stomach. Feel a bit sick with it but I think I’m working myself up into a frenzy!

Mindymomo Wed 18-Nov-20 22:15:04

My husband can’t have either paracetamol or ibuprofen as they both give him a bad tummy and make him feel sick. Hope you start to feel better soon.

ILoveAnOwl Wed 18-Nov-20 22:19:06

I had a really aching face earlier in the week and have now developed a cough. If you've a temperature of 37.8, you should be getting a test.

covetingthepreciousthings Wed 18-Nov-20 22:21:35

Yes I would test tbh in your situation.

MsAwesomeDragon Wed 18-Nov-20 22:23:27

A high temperature indicates you should get a test. Whether you think it's probably something else is not relevant. Get a test, hopefully it will come back negative and you can concentrate on getting better rather than second guessing whether it could be covid.

Advertisement

coastergirl Wed 18-Nov-20 22:24:19

I know several people who have felt unwell with symptoms that aren't typical of covid. They were advised to get tested and were positive. I'd get tested if I were you.

Cuddling57 Wed 18-Nov-20 22:26:59

Yes get a test as the temperature is 37.8 or above.
Sounds like you need some too too xx

Cuddling57 Wed 18-Nov-20 22:28:48

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-isolation-for-residential-educational-settings
Government website says a temperature is 37.8

Lougle Wed 18-Nov-20 22:34:13

You have one of the symptoms (T>37.8°c) so you can get a test.

PeachesandCream2020 Wed 18-Nov-20 22:38:10

Thanks everyone, just checked it again and it’s 38.6 so have ordered a test to be delivered. Hopefully I won’t wait too long. My car is in the garage and it’s a 60 mile round trip to the nearest centre. Thank again flowers

Lougle Wed 18-Nov-20 22:43:24

I hope you feel better soon. Rest up.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in