Talk

Advanced search

Looking for advice about self isolation

(5 Posts)
LostInMoab Wed 18-Nov-20 11:46:32

Someone at DH’s work’s daughter (call him B) has just tested positive. B hasn’t been in work since last Friday, no symptoms but obviously self isolating.
Everyone at work is having a test today (there are just a few of them and by necessity they have to work in close proximity at times) and site is being closed until tests are back. My question is - should our family also self isolate til DH’s test is back? I know we don’t have to - per the rules DH didn’t even need a test - but I would feel awful if his did come back positive and we had been going about business as usual (that is, kids at nursery/school).
This is the first time anyone we know has tested positive so we are a bit fuzzy on all this.

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Wed 18-Nov-20 12:22:36

No you don't need to isolate. Did anyone even have contact with him in the 48 hours before he got symptoms? If not, then noone else would be counted as a close contact

dementedpixie Wed 18-Nov-20 12:28:15

I've just realised he doesn't even have symptoms and is off because of his dd's positive test. Definitely no need to isolate

LostInMoab Wed 18-Nov-20 12:29:37

He doesn’t have symptoms - his daughter has tested positive but is also asymptomatic. Ok, that’s reassuring. I think because this is the first personal contact we’ve had as family with the virus, I’m probably feeling over the top paranoid about spreading to vulnerable people via DCs.

OP’s posts: |
Flagsfiend Wed 18-Nov-20 13:27:40

Lots of people (such as NHS staff) are tested weekly and obviously don't isolate whilst waiting for results. So just carry on as normal, obviously if your DH tests positive then let school know and collect your children.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in