Primary school bubbles closing

(7 Posts)
Choirbells Tue 17-Nov-20 14:20:24

In my childs primary school, there are 4 class/ bubbles off isolating, so only 3 remaining in school.
Once my child finished his isolating along with the rest of the class, they will go back to school.
Am I right to be concerned about this, would you send your child back, or keep them at home.

OP’s posts: |
Aragog Tue 17-Nov-20 14:23:44

I'm afraid it is just one of those things in many areas.

In my infant school all 9 classes closed and began SI over a period of 5 weeks. 11+ staff and several parents tested positive that we are aware of. The odd child ended up getting tested without symptoms and some were positive, some negative. Most weren't tested though - just the odd one where T&T offered it to the whole family.

Aragog Tue 17-Nov-20 14:24:43

FWIW most of our children have returned after their SI quite happily. No class has yet gone off for a second time, fingers crossed.

Do you, your child or someone in the family have medical concerns re Covid? CV or CEV perhaps?

Choirbells Tue 17-Nov-20 14:29:32

Thankyou, this is reassuring, no we have no medical concerns, I'm just a little over cautious I think

SansaSnark Tue 17-Nov-20 15:39:16

I would initially send back, I think, unless other bubbles now go off too.

I think it's when there's multiple closures of the same bubble, it shows the school hasn't got it under control for whatever reason, and this is when I'd consider not sending a child back.

Hopefully, 4 bubbles off at once will act like a circuit breaker for the school.

Choirbells Tue 17-Nov-20 15:48:26

Yes I will send my child back and hopefully there will be no more closures, I agree about the multiple closures of the same bubble

Remmy123 Tue 17-Nov-20 16:01:57

Of course send them back!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in