Don’t ignore a mild cough/tickle...

(3 Posts)
Coughcough24534 Tue 17-Nov-20 09:12:49

I’ve got confirmed Covid, with my only symptom (when tested) being a constant slight tickle in the throat, probably coughed once an hour but not a coughing fit or a big hacking cough.

I had a really blocked nose a day or so before so thought it might just be from that.

I decided to get a test as something just didn’t feel right and DP has Covid as of a few days ago so was a bit worried. Confirmed yesterday.

I’ve got progressively more unwell with a fever, chest pain and exhaustion. If I hadn’t had the test I might have just struggled on working (from home!) telling myself it was a cold. I’m now making sure I rest.

I just wanted to share this as I’ve seen lots of debates about whether people are being OTT about coughs and people being told that their cough ‘doesn’t sound continuous’ but I really think if you have ANY cough that you don’t usually have, you need to take it seriously.

OP’s posts: |
relievedlady Tue 17-Nov-20 09:17:17

Thank you for sharing that op.

As of two days ago mil has developed a cough and keeps saying it's just a cold type thing.

Yesterday her chest was heavy feeling. I've been saying to her she should get e test as she has been to a hospital in our district twice in the last two weeks for non urgent appointment and said hospitals figures have massively increased confused

I mentioned it to her again last night and also commented that she had been twice to the hospital in the last two weeks and it wouldn't hurt to get a drive through test but she's currently adamant that it's just a cold so will be checking up on her daily.

Coughcough24534 Tue 17-Nov-20 09:24:33

relievedlady

Thank you for sharing that op.

As of two days ago mil has developed a cough and keeps saying it's just a cold type thing.

Yesterday her chest was heavy feeling. I've been saying to her she should get e test as she has been to a hospital in our district twice in the last two weeks for non urgent appointment and said hospitals figures have massively increased confused

I mentioned it to her again last night and also commented that she had been twice to the hospital in the last two weeks and it wouldn't hurt to get a drive through test but she's currently adamant that it's just a cold so will be checking up on her daily.

I think she really should get a test but obviously you can’t force her!! Is she self isolating anyway?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in