How do support bubbles work if one member is a contact?

(5 Posts)
Lemons1571 Mon 16-Nov-20 22:50:03

One of my kids is isolating (a +ve contact was identified by his school) for the next 10 days. He doesn’t have symptoms. How does this affect the single adult that is bubbled with us? I assume they can still come in our house, as we are viewed as the same household?

What if my child tests positive? Is the single adult still part of our household and can come over, or do they have to stay in their own house? What if they live next door so just walk from door to door (around 10 steps?)

I don’t think we will do either in reality. But I’ve no idea what the guidance or law says you can or can’t do.

OP’s posts: |
SpamIAm Mon 16-Nov-20 22:53:06

Hmm...so if one of you tests positive then you all have to isolate. I guess technically you'd be allowed in each other's houses because you're one extended household, but in practice you wouldn't be able to because you can't get to each other's homes without leaving yours and breaking isolation.

RoseAndRose Mon 16-Nov-20 23:22:28

SpamIAm is correct

As the bubble counts as one unit, you all have to isolate if someone tests positive. Which means no one leaving their house, so the constituent parts of the bubbie cannot come together as it is a breach to go out

Lemons1571 Tue 17-Nov-20 07:10:16

But if one person is isolating as a contact, the rest of the bubble carries on as normal? (unless someone gets a positive result?). Or is it unless someone gets symptoms?

OP’s posts: |
SpamIAm Tue 17-Nov-20 09:19:23

Yeah if one of you is a contact then the rest of you can carry on as normal unless/until they develop symptoms or get a positive test.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in