Future Mums & Vaccine

(5 Posts)
THJ8LL Mon 16-Nov-20 17:26:45

myself and my partner will be TTC in the latter half of 2021 and have been discussing what we would both do if offered the new Covid vaccine. Especially with the possibility of becoming pregnant next year
My partner would be quite low down the priority list however I'm likely to be offered it as some point s my job is in a hospital setting.

Got a feeling this is going to be quite a popular question at Christmas gatherings this year!

To be vaccinated or not?

OP’s posts: |
SuperbGorgonzola Mon 16-Nov-20 17:29:41

I would read about risks of vaccinations for pregnant women, speak to a midwife and follow their guidance.

I would not make decisions about my health based on unqualified opinions of people in the internet or in my social circle.

OpheliasCrayon Mon 16-Nov-20 17:34:08

SuperbGorgonzola

I would read about risks of vaccinations for pregnant women, speak to a midwife and follow their guidance.

I would not make decisions about my health based on unqualified opinions of people in the internet or in my social circle.

I was going to say the same thing. For anything to do with pregnancy you need to speak to people qualified to offer an opinion. Whilst most people on MN will be genuine, when it's the health of an unborn child I would want real life, proper advice from medical professionals.

Torvean32 Mon 16-Nov-20 19:24:02

I was part of a vaccine trial and it was advised that you did not try to get pregnant. Look at the Novovaxx topic. You may get more advice.

Rabbitholebonkers Mon 16-Nov-20 19:46:49

It will be down to you to weigh up the pros and cons. I had the swine flu vaccine when I was pregnant back in 2010.
Glad I did despite the lack of testing on pregnant women.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in