Talk

Advanced search

Do and close contact

(3 Posts)
ScottishStottie Sun 15-Nov-20 23:41:49

So a week last thrusday i developed a cough, in the same evening, dps app pinged telling him he needed to self isolate due to contact with a positive case. So thursday morning we both went for a test. I was positive, dp was negative.

So i had to isolate for 10 days, dp for 14. Just the 2 of us in the house, and due to 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom we cant really socially distance from eachother.

I had mild symptoms, now feeling better and have 1 day left of self isolating. Over the last few days, dp.has been feeling unwell. If he gets a test, would i then need to self isolate further as his close contact , or would thw fact that id had it overide it?

Dp is reluctant to get a test, he says that hes in the house till the 19th, and then had holidyas booked off work anyway so wont be in contact with anyone, and he doesnt want me to have to miss any more work.

Just wondering how it works, would we end up in a cycle of one isolating, and the other isolating due to being a close contact?

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Sun 15-Nov-20 23:45:17

No you wouldn't isolate again if he got symptoms and tested positive in the 14 day isolation period. He would then start his 10 day isolation and you would be able to go about your usual business

dementedpixie Sun 15-Nov-20 23:46:03

This explains it

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in