When's the next update for Scotland?

(97 Posts)
Plump82 Sun 15-Nov-20 19:58:14

I had it it my head every 3 weeks but that would take us up to the 22nd December which is cutting it neat! Will she do them more regularly. I can't find anything online.

OP’s posts: |
AbbieLexie Sun 15-Nov-20 19:59:10

I think its Tuesday we hear what is to happen next.

Plump82 Sun 15-Nov-20 20:02:08

Oh is it! I have a feeling its not going to be good news.

Shortfeet Sun 15-Nov-20 20:02:43

Any thoughts on what it might be ?

Plump82 Sun 15-Nov-20 20:09:40

Well im Lanarkshire. Think its a given us and Glasgow will be Tier 4. Not sure about other places tbh.

Shortfeet Sun 15-Nov-20 20:11:43

Really ? Shops and hairdressers closing?

Plump82 Sun 15-Nov-20 20:22:58

I presume so as they're non essentials. I was suprised we weren't Tier 4 from the beginning and our figures seem to be staying relatively high.

Advertisement

theotherfossilsister Sun 15-Nov-20 20:28:57

there's a blog dp's following called travelling tabby which has all the rates all over Scotland daily, I think it is a travel blogger who can't travel so started on stats

it's informative, but I think from the raw data nothing will be lifting any time soon, and maybe places will be going up.

It's sad for restaurant/pub owners in Edinburgh as our rates are stable, but maybe we can move to tier two in December if that won't cause a huge peak,

theotherfossilsister Sun 15-Nov-20 20:30:16

this is the link, I think it might be on twitter as well www.travellingtabby.com/

dementedpixie Sun 15-Nov-20 20:30:43

It's Tuesday and if anything changes then that happens on Friday. I can see level 4 being used as Glasgow/lanarkshire figures are refusing to drop

dementedpixie Sun 15-Nov-20 20:31:36

Although even in level 4 quite a few places can stay open for takeaway and if they are an outdoor venue

theotherfossilsister Sun 15-Nov-20 20:34:10

anyone know if libraries are open in level four? (and yes, I have googled and not found out)

Mcmole Sun 15-Nov-20 20:34:14

I'm really hoping travel restrictions will be lifted by 20 dec as we've booked for Edinburgh zoo (not in our council area) and have already had to cancel one winter lights event. Probably won't be though sad Don't think our level will change but I can definitely see level 4 coming in for Glasgow etc.

dementedpixie Sun 15-Nov-20 20:35:05

www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels/pages/protection-level-4/

dementedpixie Sun 15-Nov-20 20:35:37

Outdoor bits of the zoo can remain open

dementedpixie Sun 15-Nov-20 20:36:38

Libraries shut in level 4 unless they offer a click and collect service

theotherfossilsister Sun 15-Nov-20 20:37:51

I'd like Edinburgh to get level two, but not for a little bit, as it would be good to see the cases dropping more.

I know it seems spoilt moaning about tier three when other folks have threat of tier four. It would just mean I could go into a coffee shop until after rush hour, and feel a bit safer on my journey home (yes, I know that is selfish, and please don't jump on me as I don't want that unless it's safe.)

Mcmole Sun 15-Nov-20 20:38:14

dementedpixie

Outdoor bits of the zoo can remain open

Yep but we can't travel there if either they or us are level 3, can we?

theotherfossilsister Sun 15-Nov-20 20:38:55

thank you @dementedpixie - hopefully it won't be level four for too long, just long enough to get the rates down

I hope this vaccine really changes things, maybe by early spring

dementedpixie Sun 15-Nov-20 20:39:05

Ah right, missed that bit, sorry

theotherfossilsister Sun 15-Nov-20 20:40:21

@Mcmole you can see the Zebra enclosure at Edinburgh Zoo if you walk up Cortorphine hill. It's lovely and quite isolated

theotherfossilsister Sun 15-Nov-20 20:41:30

@Mcmole darn, just saw it's not your area

We booked the lights show at the botanic gardens this year, and hope it is able to happen still.

Mcmole Sun 15-Nov-20 20:41:49

@theotherfossilsister ooh, good to know, thank you!

Mcmole Sun 15-Nov-20 20:43:35

@theotherfossilsister yep not our area but useful in case things change. We did botanics last year and it was brilliant! Hope you manage to get there. We'd booked hopetoun for earlier this month, at least we got a full refund!

Sexnotgender Sun 15-Nov-20 20:44:01

It’s crazy that Glasgow isn’t in level 4 already. Struggling to see the justification for not doing it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in