What will happen after 2nd December (Lockdown)

(12 Posts)
RUNFAST11 Sun 15-Nov-20 14:10:20

Do you think the government will put everyone in Tier 3? Or will they give people until January for shops businesses to open and if things get worse another lockdown in January?

Can you see the vaccine working in 2021 or do you think it will take until at least 2022 for a vaccine to be fully successful and COVID to be eliminated?

OP’s posts: |
IceCreamAndCandyfloss Sun 15-Nov-20 14:27:23

Tier 3 or 4 as it will be something new and it would be madness to let everyone mix until January given how high cases are currently.

They are trying really hard with the vaccine but it will take a long time to roll out and have enough doses for everyone so at least 2022.

Justpassingtime1 Sun 15-Nov-20 14:52:32

Lockdown, or some form of it, could last until the spring.
The temperatures in some areas of the UK are quite balmy yet there
is still a rise in the cases. We have not hit the winter nor do we have the full on with other viruses, flu etc when typically there would be enough people to fill the hospital anyway.
Having said that patients are being moved to areas with Nightingales
but staff are still exhausted.
Only enough vaccine for a limited number of people so I agree with the above.
We all need to abide by the rules to avoid escalation

Racoonworld Sun 15-Nov-20 15:20:10

Some form of lockdown until spring, but with some mixing allowed for Christmas and shops allowed to open for Christmas shopping.
The vaccine will be rolled out to those who need it by spring/summer 2021. Covid will never be eliminated so restrictions will slowly be relaxed over the course of 2021 until they are non-existent, despite Covid still exisiting and the rest of the population not vaccinated yet Back to normal by summer or latest winter 2021, as scientists are now predicting.

Lazypuppy Sun 15-Nov-20 15:21:45

COVID is never going to be eliminated...

I think they'll end it on the 2nd butvmove everyone into Tier 3/4. People tound here aren't following rules anymore whereas they were for the tiers

Litebritesnow Sun 15-Nov-20 16:03:57

Lockdowns on and off forever. Will be extended until March at least. Then briefly relaxed before locking down again by September.

Racoonworld Sun 15-Nov-20 16:06:15

Litebritesnow

Lockdowns on and off forever. Will be extended until March at least. Then briefly relaxed before locking down again by September.

Why do you think that? Once the extremely vulnerable and the elderly are vaccinated the NHS won’t be overwhelmed and no need to lockdown or have any restrictions. Everyone’s now predicting back to normal sometime next year because of the vaccines.

Advertisement

Litebritesnow Sun 15-Nov-20 16:12:11

I am extremely dubious about the vaccine. I think unless it’s 100% - which it won’t be - people are so scared of catching covid now that this is just how it will be.
In and out of lockdown.
Some things are gone forever I think. Cinemas, concerts, sports events, I think are gone. I think we will remain largely very distanced, I’m not sure how people will make new friends or relationships.

AxMan76 Sun 15-Nov-20 16:17:19

Litebritesnow

I am extremely dubious about the vaccine. I think unless it’s 100% - which it won’t be - people are so scared of catching covid now that this is just how it will be.
In and out of lockdown.
Some things are gone forever I think. Cinemas, concerts, sports events, I think are gone. I think we will remain largely very distanced, I’m not sure how people will make new friends or relationships.

Northern Ireland had 10,000 in for their game on Thursday. Can't see a problem with concerts/festivals by summer

Racoonworld Sun 15-Nov-20 16:20:32

Litebritesnow

In and out of lockdown.

Some people are very scared but actually the majority aren’t. Just look at the amounts of people breaking lockdown now and the numbers who flooded to restaurants in summer. Those who are scared can lock themselves in forever can but everyone else will be going back to normal. Most people won’t accept a lockdown after spring.

Litebritesnow Sun 15-Nov-20 16:22:09

I don’t know. We said this last time. Most people won’t accept a lockdown again... but here we are.
People will keep doing it imo.
There’s still quite an appetite for it.

Waxonwaxoff0 Sun 15-Nov-20 18:10:15

@Litebritesnow a lot of people aren't accepting this lockdown though. You must notice that compliance is nowhere near as high as it was in March. No way will people carry on doing this into next winter. Lockdowns will not go on forever, and for everyone who is happy never to go to the cinema or a concert again there will be someone else who is not scared of Covid who can't wait to do those things again.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in