Is anyone else really scared now since their partner has had covid even thought they never caught it?

(7 Posts)
ssd Sun 01-Nov-20 23:47:17

I've been diagnosed with health anxiety, which I know colours my view. I was worried about covid before. Then dh got it and we all self isolated. I didn't get it.
But I'm not terrified of catching it.
I work in retail and don't feel safe at work with so many customers now, not wearing masks properly or coming right up to you. I jump back a lot but sometimes it's impossible.

Does anyone else feel a lot more anxious now since their dh got it?

OP’s posts: |
ssd Sun 01-Nov-20 23:47:59

I'm now terrified, not I'm not

SirVixofVixHall Sun 01-Nov-20 23:51:25

Why are you now more worried ? You didn’t catch it, so your system managed very well to fight it off, is that not at all reassuring ?

ssd Sun 01-Nov-20 23:54:44

I agree but I can't seem to be rational here. I think the 2 weeks self isolating messed up my head, I don't have any family and I was just terrified something would happen to make him worse. I was literally counting down the days. And now the thought of me getting it and going back there panics me.
I know it's daft.

CallieOp Sun 01-Nov-20 23:58:57

More than likely you are one of the lucky ones with natural immunity

I had sex with DP twice in the 72 hrs before he got symptoms and tested positive. I had a neg test and no symptoms.

You know this is health anxiety, keep reminding yourself of that

ssd Mon 02-Nov-20 10:08:42

I never got that close grin but I still don't know why I didn't get it. Just wish I could calm down.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Mon 02-Nov-20 10:14:45

My adult dd is a care assistant and recently had an antibody test, that was positive, she is trying to work out when she had Covid.

My teen ds caught Covid in March, i am suspicious i had mild symptoms a few days later, but DH and teen DD had no symptoms.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in